◇Chapter 8◇

I limped out of the bedroom and into a hall close to where Ethan was spotted.

"You stupid man! I will spill your blood!" I heard mothers voice echo in the castle.

Along with it I heard threats coming from Cassandra as well, "you would look wonderful mounted in our hall." Ethan must have been having the fight of his life.

A bug swarm flew around me and Bela appeared in front of me, "you should be resting Y/N, you can get killed out here."

"I know i should be but..." I clenched into my side feeling a burning sensation.

"There is no argument, go back to your room while mother and our sisters kill the man thing." Bela shooed me back.

"Ok, I'll go back." I lied knowing I never stay where I'm supposed too, even if I'm hurt.

I wondered back the way I came to the room and once I watched Bela vanish into bugs and went off to help fight Ethan. Living in the castle my whole life allowed me to know other ways to get to a certain place.

I was able to move another way and get past my family without them realizing. There must be something in this castle that can either tell me who I really am or help Ethan find his daughter.

Though he shot me i couldn't help but at least find it more on why his daughter might be here. Just maybe on top of that I can find out why a fatal wound left me alive and walking.

There was two places I knew of that I just know something is hiding there. The first is guarded by many statues that needed masks to open the locked door. I never went beyond that door.

The second place was where I was heading now. It is a place I have seen rarely, a place mother hides things. I've seen her hide objects and paperwork there before but I was never able to see up close what it was. If ethans daughter truly is here, she would be there. I've only seen it from the exit, and I can't get in through the exit.

First I had to go all the way up to the rooftops and down the a long staircase that is the only entrance. The issue is that on the rooftops are monsters, I've seen them flying out my window sometimes but I've never came face to face with one. Mother told me many times to never go up there or they would tear me apart in the air.

Right ahead of me was the elevator. I took a deep breath and went it. The button light up once I pressed it and the floor started to rise. Knowing how big the castle was, I was prepared for a long elevator ride but my fear and anxiousness made the ride seem short.

The elevator door opened and I felt the cold snowy wind brush up against my warm skin. I took a step out and noticed condensation in my breath. Snowflakes fell upon my skin as I walked out of the shelter and onto the rooftop.

Loud sounds from above me showed up quickly. They were sounds of birds, not just any birds. Big monstrous birds made from a virus.

I quickly ducked my head down and walked quietly hoping the wouldn't see me. I tried staying against the walls of the higher rooms in the castle so it would be harder to see me from above.

I sighed once many of the monsters flew the other way above me just to be greeted by one around the next corner I turned. It flapped it wings and opened its mouth as I fell over into the cold rock floor in fear.

The monster went in for the attack and charged into me. I groaned in pain when the rock cracked under me from the extreme hit. I closed my eyes as I winced just to hear its cries to call its friends.

I opened my eyes to see it charging down to me with its wings. This time I was able to lift my leg up and bock the attack. I kicked upwards on its wing, feeling a small bone crack from my force.

Realizing the monster wouldn't be able to fly i quickly got back up on my feet and pushed the monster over the ledge to watched it fall down to the ground. A fall from this high would for sure kill the beast.

I stood still for a moment to catch my breath. Though it wasn't physically a challenge I had to breath from the fear that I could have lost my life.

As much as I wanted to stay put, the familiar sound of the monstrous birds. Except this time there were more of them.

I turned my head to see a flock of them flying my way. I didn't stand a chance against these ones. My legs caught up on what I was thinking and with a blink I was running away from the monsters.

My strategy was to turn as many corners as I could possible so I could at least dodge them as much as I can.

The place I needed to go was some sort of trap door. I've never seen it in person and don't know where it is exactly but I do know I have to get in as fast as I could.

Panicking, I sprinted all over the roof but no matter how much I looked I couldn't find the trap door. That was until I saw a small glint in the corner of my eye. I stopped for a second and looked the way I saw the light.

This hesitation let the monsters catch up to me. One of them grabbed my arm with its sharp talons and lifted me up into the air. Another went in to grab my leg but I was able to kick it off of me. As much as it hurt I had to pull my arm down as much as possible. This made the sharp claws go deeper into my skin and ripped through my bicep.

The talons ripped all the way up my arm letting me fall down to the rooftop. Although I fell further than I wanted. I watched the ground moving up over me and instinctively grabbed onto whatever I could. Luckily I was able to grab onto the guard rail on the edge of the rooftop.

The birds around me didn't help as they continued to scratch and claw at me. I did my best to keep them away but the muscle on my right arm was too damaged to do anything. The only thing I had keeping me alive was my grip with only one hand.

My hand was slowly slipping off and my arm was getting tired. My fingers slowly started to slip off and every time I had to kick the monsters away it just got worse. I accepted my fate for a moment until something strange happened.

My right arm grabbed the fence right when my left arm slipped off. The difference was the newly found strength I had in my arm. It had just been injured enough to make my muscle stop working but out of nowhere got enough energy and strength to pull my body up over the rail and into the rooftop.

Once I pulled myself over I didnt hesitate to run over to the trap door I saw not to long ago and slide into the hole in the ground. I acted fast once I was in there and shut the door behind me. I heard the screeches of the monsters right above me on the other side of the door. Their sharp claws could be heard digging into the wood but they couldn't get past the door.

Once I knew I was safe I looked over to see my shirt ripped up and blood around the edges just to see the my wound was completely gone. Whatever happened saved my life and as much as I wanted to question it, I had to keep moving forward.

~○~

A/N
Thank you all for the patience, I know this chapter took a while to come out but trust me I have so many ideas for the next few chapters and I can't wait for you to read them^^