◇Chapter 14◇

"Hide in the bedroom again," the beautifully dressed doll suggested, "it worked the first time."

I went with my sisters and mother back up the stairs quickly to the bedroom we were in before. My sisters and I sat in the corner of the room next to the bed while mother stood by the door with her claws extended out of her hands.

The house went completely quiet. Everyone seemed to stop as we all listened for movement on the floor below us.

It didn't take long before what sounded like many beings giggling filled up the house. The sound sent shivers down my spine as I thought of what Beneviento could have done to make those sounds.

Soon after the door started to shake with a banging sound. Something was once again trying to get in.

"Everything would have been better if rose wasn't born..." a high pitch voice spoke from the other side of the door. It sounded like the doll, Angies voice but we couldn't fully tell.

Soon after Angie sounded like she was struggling on the other side of the door, almost like she was getting attacked by something. Once the struggling sound stopped we heard laughter leave the area and followed by stomping feet.

"We have to help her," I whispered to my mother who still stood by the door, "Ethan will kill her if we don't."

Mother took a moment to think but while realizing she had the claws to help she agreed, "Ok but all of you must stay put."

My sisters and I nodded and she ducked down out of the room. We could easily track where she was on the other side of the wall because of the loud thuds of her heels against the ground.

"You stupid man thing..." we could faintly hear mother claw at something, assuming it was Ethan.

I was expecting to hear him shooting but for some reason he wasn't fighting back. For a few minutes we waited, only hearing Mothers nails attacking but no gunshots going off.

Without thinking I got up and went to the door, "where are you going?" Bela stood up hoping to stop me.

"He could be our only chance at stopping Mother Miranda." I shared my plan know knowing who Mother Miranda was.

I didnt let my sisters argue for I left the room and shut it behind me. Once again many things were around which kept Ethan out earlier. I ran down the stairs and followed the sound of my mothers attacks.

I ran into the living room to see Ethan ripped up with many scratches all over his body. Pieces of his limbs were falling off if not already detached from his body. Blood oozed out of each wound making a familiar smell waft through the air.

"Mother wait!" I called out to her before she was able to completely kill him.

"We can use him, he can kill Mother Miranda." I attempted to convince her.

"Or I can kill him now and make Mother Miranda proud." Alcina held her claws over ethans chest ready to stab straight through him.

"But if he kills Mother Miranda you will rule the village, not her." I spoke quickly making her stop.

Mother's claws were resting on Ethans skin making small cuts but not enough damage to kill him. After a moment of thought i watched as she retracted her claws and left Ethan bleeding on the rug, "I will leave him be but he will only move forward if he lives from these wounds."

Mother walked past me and stood next to Donna and Angie. I thought it was odd that they didn't care if the man lived or died.

They did afterall send him though whatever happened in the basement when they could have killed him instantly or just broke the elevator to trap him.

"Wheres his stuff?" I asked the masked woman once I saw he had nothing him but clothes.

She held up her arm and pointed to a closet in the living room. I went straight there and looked in to see all the guns he had acquired along with green bottles filled with liquid.

I brought the stuff to Ethan and he weakly grabbed a green bottle. He poured the liquid out onto his wounds and I watched as he healed back to his normal self.

"Where is the jar?" Ethans voice was harsh and raspy as he held a gun tightly in his hands.

A platform started to rise up near the front door and placed neatly on top of it was a yellow jar that matched the other rose jars.

Ethan groaned as he pushed himself onto his feet and held a hand gun at the house leaders. He walked backwards towards the flask and I walked along with him.

He grabbed the rose jar the the front door unlocked. "I'm going with him," I said looking out into the foggy snow.

"No! You will stay here with us." Mother stepped forward but stopped seeing Ethan had his gun aimed at them. Though she wouldn't die from it, Donna and Angie would.

Ethan and I walked out of the house and we quickly went off into the fog hoping no one would follow. Ethan ran through the foggy forest and I followed close behind.

After minutes of running we finally made it to an open area where the Duke sat, it must have been safe there.

"Why did you come with me?" Ethan caught his breath as he asked the question.

"Mother Miranda should have done this to me, if it wasn't for me Rose would have still been with you." I admitted feeling guilt for still being alive.

"Dont blame yourself. This is Miranda's doing, not yours." Ethan put a hand on my shoulder. "Now, there's only one flask left."

Ethan looked away from me and to a door with a Familiar fetus surrounded by crow feathers symbol. He took out a key and unlocked the door that hopefully lead to the last Rose jar.

~○~

A/N
Hi there
Wow this chapter took a lot of thinking to make it fit into the story
Luckily I finally got through it and made sure it had an easy transition to the next chapter that you would be seeing very soon 👀