◇Chapter 17◇

"Stop! Don't fight!" I ran in between them having my back facing Chris.

"Move child, this man will only cause harm." Mother held her claws ready to strike if I moved.

"Its ok, hes ok," I held my hands out, showing relaxed body language, "he helped me."

"A man cannot help! They only harm!" Mothers voice stayed strong but I can hear the pain and memory behind it.

"Mother, I promise." I spoke as calm as possible.

Alcina looked down at me and back behind me to Chris. My heart started beating knowing he was taller than me and she could easily get around me. Instead, her claws slowly went back into her hand and she stood calmly.

"I will give him a chance, but if he does anything I wouldn't hesitate to-" Mother spoke but i couldn't let her get angry again.

"He won't." I cut her off, as scared as I was to I couldn't let her get out of control.

"Didn't think I would see you again Dimitrescu." A male voice made all of our eyes turn.

We looked over to see Ethan Winters standing proud with the last rose flask. "How do we get the flasks together?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"Theres an alter, just over here." Ethan rushed up the hill and the rest of us followed.

I watched as Ethan put the last flask in and the giants chalice was released. Fires started to light a path away from the alter.

Without needing to say much, we followed the path. Over a bridge and to an open area with giant statues surrounding a small podium in the middle.

Luckily the chalice fit perfectly onto the podium. We stood around it waiting for something to happen but it was nothing. We just watched as the thing we have been fighting to get did nothing.

"Maybe there's a way to...?" Ethan started to panic.

"Not a way for you." A female voice spoke loudly over us. Fog started to roll in and surrounded our vision.

"Mother?" I reached out but couldn't find where anyone had went.

"Y/N? Y/N?" Alcina called out for me but every time she said my name she seemed to just get further and further.

"I'm here, mother I'm here!" I reached around but couldn't find a thing.

"Mia...?" I heard ethans voice closer to me.

My vision slowly started to clear and the only thing I could make out was the large black wings hovering over me. I stepped back just to get my ankle caught on a rock and fall down to the ground. I groan in pain before getting my shoulders grabbed by something.

I was dragged on the ground away from the black wings. Panicking, I looked up just to see Alcina had pulled me away.

"Mother?" I was able to say a word before she put her hand over my mouth. Alcina used her free hand to slowly extend her claws.

We sat on the ground completely quiet until the fog faded more and more. The cold wind started to blow through the fog, taking it away from us.

The more I could see the more I started to understand my surroundings. I was quickly able to spot Ethan standing not to far away. Something seemed off though. He was facing away and wasn't moving at all.

I thought it was strange until the fog cleared just a bit more. The black wings appeared in front of Ethan. "Miranda..." Mother whispered from behind me.

Miranda's hand was forward, closer to Ethan but I wasn't sure was she was doing. Until she pulled her hand aggressively away from his chest.

Blood gushed down her hand as Ethans still beating heart was pulled out. "Ethan!" I wanted to run to him but Mother held me back.

Tears started to fall down my cheeks as I watched Mother Miranda squeeze ethans heart over her face. The dark red liquid that I've known to well covered Miranda right before she went deeper into the fog and disappeared.

The second she was gone I was able to get out of mother's grasp and ran to ethans lifeless body. "Ethan..." I laid a hand down on his shoulder.

"We have to get out of here." Chris's voice spoke.

Black smudge started to form around us and blocked the way out. It started to form into thick strands and covered the giant statues.

"Now Eva, it is time." I jumped seeing Mother Miranda appear over the rose jars. 

"I won't let you have her!" Chris aimed his gun at Miranda.

"What poor souls," she had no sympathy in her eyes, "you don't stand a chance."

"Alcina..." Miranda looked at my mother and one of the worm like creature flew through the air, pushing alcina away. "I always knew you were hiding something from me."

Chris started to fire his gun at Miranda but each bullet seemed to do nothing as he was pushed away as well.

"Small, hopeless child. What a shame, you could have been the vessel." Miranda spoke as she started to walk closer to me.

"I- I won't let you take rose." I backed away from her.

"Poor child, you don't belong in this village. Now get out." Miranda moved her hands out and sent the megamycete straight through my chest.

I felt the black ropes shred through my skin and bones all the way to the back. My eyes instantly went red and blood poured out of my mouth and onto the floor. The megamycete pulled away, back to Mother Miranda. Making my body fall down to the floor with a huge thud.

"Ah, little Eva. My beautiful daughter, come to me." My ears were ringing but I could still hear Miranda's voice.

"Miranda!" A loud and angry voice echoed in the small area.

I fought to get up but couldn't. My sight black and my body went limp.

Once again resting after a fatal attack.

~○~

A/N
Ooooo getting close to the end of the story 👀