♡Cassandra♡

Age: 7
Y/N POV

The warm glow of the fire bounced off the large chandelier in the main hall. I sat on a couch near the fire.

It had been colder than usual outside so my sisters stayed near fireplaces to warm up.

Cassandra sat across from me with a flower designed cup in her hands. Every sip she took made the corner of the off white color deepen into red.

I watched my sister and took note on how beautiful she was. She had a hood up like my other sisters and she let her golden brown hair flow over her shoulder.

She never wore as much makeup as our sisters but still a little bit. She did however keep blood around her lips. The red liquid was smeared across all my sisters lips and I never knew why they kept it.

"Cassandra?" I decided to ask. "Why do you keep blood on your face?"

Cassandra put the tea cup down on the glass plate that stayed on the table between us. With a small smile she thought for a moment before answering.

"I keep blood on my face to show my strength. If I wipe it off, the maids might think they can slack off around me." She told me.

"So you keep it on to let the maids know you can kill them?"

"Yes, blood is the best way to prove that you're over them."

"Can I try blood?" I know that I am different than my mother and sisters but just a little shouldn't be bad.

Cassandra thought for a little before looking down at the tea cup.

"Have a sip." She held the cup out to me.

I took the cup in my hands and looked into it to see the deep red inside. It felt warm in my hands, not super warm but I can tell it was a fresh cup from the body heat.

I hesitated for a moment before lifting the cup to my lips. I could smell the familiar sent of fresh blood made into wine.

The warm wine met my lips and I took a small sip. The taste of slight iron filled my mouth as I set the cup down.

"So how is it?" Cassandra asked.

"Its good." I said not really liking the taste but enjoying the time with my sister.

"Don't tell mother I let you have a sip ok?"

"I won't." I smiled knowing mother would kill Cassandra if she knew I drank blood.

Cassandra reached across the small table towards me and lightly brushed her thumb against my face. I understand why my sisters leave the blood on their face, I didn't even notice the patch of blood at the corner of my mouth.

"Thank you Cassandra." I smiled during our sister bonding time.

"You're welcome Y/N." She smiled back at me.

~○~

A/N

I know this chapter was a lot shorter than the others but it was still fun to write.