◇Chapter 7◇

1st pov

"Reading again Daniela?" I asked walking into the library.

"Y/N? I thought you were hiding from the man thing." Daniela put a book down to look at me.

"I was but I need your help," I had to think for a moment, I did not know if I truly wanted to fill her in on what I've discovered yet, "do you know where the man went?"

"Mother must have him by now." She stated with an evil grin.

"Mother is hunting him?" I asked thinking it was weird for mother to hunt in the castle. Usually she leaves it to my sisters so they can bring her their prey.

"This man has been more of a challenge than we thought," Daniela stood up and fully turned to me, "if you see him, stay away. Oh can you imagine what his blood tastes like." She sidetracked thinking of the dark red liquid we all carried in our veins.

"Hey get away from her," a male voice walked into the room, "or I will shoot you."

I looked over to see the blonde boy I've met a few times, "Ethan no!" I moved in the way of Daniela so he wouldn't shoot.

"What... what are you doing?" He seemed shocked that I would defend her.

"Ethan i-" it was hard to tell him the truth, "the Dimitrescus are my family."

Ethans hands started to shake on the gun as he kept it up, "they're... what..." his words were a poor of emotion.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier but I didnt know how." My heart started beating faster hoping he wouldn't turn against me. He was human afterall and might be my only way of finding out who I really am.

"Where is my daughter?" Ethans voice turned into a yell as a single tear started building up in his eye, "tell me where rose is!"

"I'm sorry but I dont know where she is..." I tell the truth as the tension in the air rises.

"Liar!" He yelled and backed up slowly with the gun still pointed at us.

"Ethan please wait, I... I can still help you," I tried to calm him down.

"You betrayed me," with his shaky hand he pulled the trigger and shot a bullet into the air.

I stepped back not feeling anything until I looked down. A burning sensation went through my chest as blood poured out of it onto the floor.

"No! You will pay!" Daniela screamed in agony seeing the wound. She flew through the air with her bugs straight to Ethan and attacked him.

Meanwhile my eyesight started to blur and my legs got weak. I wanted to stop them to make sure my sister stays safe but I couldn't move. My body started to slowly descend to the ground as I watched Daniela slash and bite Ethan.

I tried my best to keep my eyes open but I couldn't do anything. They slowly blinked until they shut. Along with the darkness came the quiet and I couldn't hear a thing.

I reached out for my sister just to find I couldn't feel my hand. The only thing I felt was the burning in my chest, like a fire was turning my insides to ash.

I was left in the dark. Couldn't hear, smell, see, taste, or even touch. It was just nothing.

I wanted to scream but nothing happened. It was like I was trapped in a black box. Like a dream where you try to run but somethings making you feel too heavy to move. That was until a bright light appeared.

I tried to call for help but it felt like my lips were sown together. The only thing I could do was walk towards the light.

~○~

"Find him! I want his head." An angry voice made my senses slowly start to come back to me.

"Yes mother." A familiar voice rang out.

"Sister...?" I was able to barely muster a word.

"Y/N? You're ok...?" My eyes slightly opened to see my mother rush to my side.

"Oh my poor baby I though that stupid man got you." I could only see the cream color of her dress as I felt her lift me into her arms.

"Mother...? What happened?" I asked knowing I had died.

"Daniela brought you to me, that stupid man." Alcina had hatred as she spoke about Ethan.

Once my eyes completely opened I looked down to see my clothing ripped where the bullet had went through me but nothing else. Some blood but my skin was perfectly intact. No stitches or anything, just like it was before.

"Y/N, i need to tell you something." Mother said noticing i was looking at what should be a wound.

"You're-" she started to speak until she was cut off by Bela.

"Mother Cassandra found the man thing in the main hall," she reported, "we need you there as fast as possible."

"Stay here, I'll be back." Mother laid me on the bed and left to the main hall.

I moved to the side of the bed from laying down to sitting up. I could feel a slight sting in my chest but other than that nothing.

I slowly got onto my feet and winced as I grabbed onto the bed. It didn't hurt as bad as getting shot but it felt like everything in my chest was still ripped apart. The weird thing was is that I could feel movement almost as though everything damaged was repairing itself inside me.

I had to do something, Ethan deserves his daughter but more than anything I have to make sure my family is safe. Even if it kills me.

~○~

A/N
Hi there
I know I said this before but just wow, this book is growing more and more and just thank you all so so much for all the lovely comments and vote, just ahhh I love you so much 🥺💕