◇Chapter 10◇

Knock knock knock

A knocking sound echoed down the empty halls striking fear into our already fast beating hearts.

"Shes here..." Mother said as Daniela arrived with the large blanket she had asked for.

"Mother we can't leave the castle, its just to cold outside." Bela protested as Dimitrescu lead all of us to another door as far away from the knocking as possible.

"Bela I-" Mother was cut off by a loud bang, louder than the knocks have been. "Shes inside... we dont have time we have to leave now."

Mother put the large blanket over us and because it was made for someone 9'6 it was able to cover all four of us perfectly. "I will lead the way I just need you guys to trust me and walk." She whispered before opening the door.

It instantly got colder once the door was open. Wind started pushing against the blanket making it hard to walk but with my other sisters helping me push we were able to move at a reasonable rate. The other issue was being able to see. All I could see under the blanket was the outlines of my sisters faces. Though I didn't need to be there because I have no bugs that would die, I stayed with them hoping my body heat would help keep them warm.

First step outside and all I could feel were the bugs from my sisters crawling all over my body along with the wind pushing against us. In the darkness I could see enough to tell one of my sisters was holding on to mothers dress as she lead the way out of the castle.

None of us knew where we were going and even if we did we wouldn't recognize it because we never left the castle. All I've seen was that damned factory and the rooftops overlooking the village.

It wasn't to long until the air started to feel thick. It was already hard to breath under a blanket but there was something different. Not only that but the ground under our feel changed. It was softer like loose dirt.

The sound of falling snow started to cancel out as the overwhelming sound of running water took over my ears. It sounded like it was in the distance but got closer and closer the more we walked.

"Stop for a second," mother said and we all came to a halt. "Theres stairs here."

She slightly nudged us forward, "step up."

We listened and stepped up onto a stair. It felt hard, like wood under our feet. "Theres two more steps ahead of you."

My sisters and I took the next two steps and found ourselves on what I believe was a porch of some sort.

I heard a knocking sound right ahead of us. I couldnt be for sure on what it was but I can guess it was Mother knocking on a door.

Without any other sound i heard a creak and Mother lead us in somewhere. Once we went in we pushed the heavy blanket off of our heads and Mother shut the door behind us.

While adjusting my eyes to the light I looked around to see where mother had lead us. We were in some sort of two story house. From what I've seen so far anyway, I hadn't a clue if there was a basement or not. It was quite cosy inside and I'm sure my sisters enjoyed feeling head again.

Looking up at the staircase there was a large picture overlooking the living room. It was of a woman dressed in all black with a doll in a wedding dress sitting on her lap. I looked at the photo for a little longer until I realized that it looked familiar.

Flashbacks overtook my mind and I remembered seeing a figure like that right before Heisenberg caught me.

There were five people in the room with me. My mother, Heisenberg, a woman with many wings, a monster that looked like flesh, and a woman in all black with a doll. This must be her house but why would Mother take us here?

I turned away and looked around the house more. I noticed many knitting supplies scattered around the place.

Not to mention when I looked out the window I saw that the house was built beside a huge waterfall running wildly down a mountain.

I stayed close to my family and followed them into the kitchen area. It was small and cosy area with hand crafted dolls around the place. Mother had to bend over for the ceilings were to small for her.

"Alcina Dimitrescu, why are you hear?" A voice suddenly appeared along with the woman carrying a doll just like in the portrait.

"Beneviento, I must ask to stay here." Mother sounded persuasive, "my daughters and I would not stay long. We just need to spend a night."

"A night? Here?" The woman spoke with a cold and lifeless voice. She seemed smooth but the undertone of her words seemed liked something was off.

"Yes, you can't kick us out when my daughters went through so much to get here." Mother spoke.

"I believe you only had three daughters, whos that?" The doll pointed at me instead of the woman.

As startling as it was to see the doll move on its own I remember seeing it could even walk on its own the last time I saw it.

Mother hesitated for a moment before speaking, "shes a servant we brought with us." She lied.

"No... no I remember her. She should be dead." Beneviento must have recalled the meeting were we first saw eachother.

She started moving towards me and my sisters were quick enough to get in her way. Although that wasn't a problem for her, the real problem was Mother standing in the way. She was bent down but that wouldn't change the way she uses her claws.

"Maybe we should talk in private." Mother said and Beneviento walked into a room next to the kitchen where there were seats.

"Take Y/N to the bedroom upstairs, keep her safe and watch the dolls." Mother whispered to me and my sisters before going and sitting across from Beneviento to speak.

I went with my sisters up the stairs and into a bedroom. It was a small room and felt quite plain compared to the rest of the house but it was better than dying by possed dolls.

Bugs swarmed the room as my sisters walked in with me. Most people would be disgusted being surround by bugs but because I've lived with my sisters my entire life they made me feel safe.

Safe and sound but only if Mother can convince Beneviento to keep me alive.

~○~

A/N
Mannnn you guys have no idea how much fun I'm having with this book!
And again thank you all so much for the amazing comments and overall love this has been getting♡♡♡