♡Daniela♡

Age: 7
Y/N POV

"You will stay here for around an hour, when you're finished lunch will be served." Mother stood in front of me and my sister Daniela.

"Yes mother." My sister and I both spoke.

"I know you will do well darling." Mother put her palm to my cheek before turning and waking off to somewhere else in the castle.

"Come on Y/N," Daniela rushed into the library.

She always spent her time in the library reading books, my other sisters say the books make her imagine fake fantasies but it sounds fun to me.

Today mother had me stay with Daniela so she can teach me how to read. We've been through lessons before but I'm still not the best at reading.

"How about we continue the book we left off of?" Daniela grabbed a certain book from the shelf.

"Ok Dani." She put the book in my hand.

The black covered book sat in my hands as I admired the golden lacing. I knew this book wasn't one of Daniela's favorites but everyone in the village knows about the book.

All of my sisters have read it and now it was my turn. 'Village of Shadows' seemed like an accurate title for a scary book. The story seems more like a warning than a children's book.

I opened it up and went to where the book mark was.

"Then the bat lord appeared," I looked over the words remembering the story of the girl who had run to pick barries. "He... greeted her warmly and bit his own wing, "come child, quith?""

I stuttered on the words as I was unsure of how they were pronounced.

"Quench," Daniela helped me, "it means she won't be thirsty." She explained.

"Thank you," I said before continuing, ""Quench your thirst." He said. So she drank the thick dark blood and smiled with joy."

"Mmm lucky girl," Daniela reacted to the story.

"Will I drink blood someday?" I asked.

"Maybe, its all up to mother." She answered.

"But you would let me without her knowing?"

"I would but we should listen to mother, she knows what's best for us."

I could sense Daniela wanted to have me taste blood like my sisters but I suppose she didn't want to get caught.

~Time Skip~

Some time has passed and yet we have only gotten through a few pages of the book. I still struggle with some words but the good thing about my big sister is that she not only helps me pronounce them but she explains what they mean.

"Then the fish king..." I wanted to continue reading but stopped when I heard a knocking at the door.

Alcina walked in through the door to small for her and looked down at us with a smile.

"How is it going?" She asked calmly.

"Shes learned a lot," Daniela praised, "she reads so well."

"Does she now? I'm so proud," mother kneeled down and held her arms out.

I ran over to her and wrapped my arms around her neck as her larger arms closed in around me.

"You must be hungry after all the work huh?" Mother brushed her fingers through my hair.

"Yeah, I'm getting pretty hungry." I wanted to read more but there will be more time for that in the future.

"Can Dani come eat with us?" I asked mother as we pulled out of the hug.

"Yes of course." She looked over at Daniela.

Daniela walked over to me and held her hand out. I held onto it with my much smaller hand and we went off to eat lunch after our hard work.

~○~

A/N

Hey sorry this one took longer but I'm happy it turned out wholesome