◇Chapter 5◇

Shivers went down my spine when Ethan and I walked up to the tall castle. Ethan walked ahead of me into the door and stopped when he noticed I wasn't following.

"You coming?" He asked breaking me out of my trance.

"Yeah, yeah I'm coming." I brushed all the bad thoughts about my family fighting Ethan and followed him into the castle.

The familiar warm air brushed over my frozen skin as I walked into what I call home. I must tell Ethan who I really am at some point but would he even look at me the same?

"Wait!" I stopped Ethan when I realized he was going to open a door that lead to the main hall.

"What is it?" He asked confused.

"Maybe we should go this way first," I tried convincing him knowing if we go through there Cassandra would find us, "it looks safer."

"If you say so," Ethan listened and I followed him down more stairs and took a right into a different room.

"Oh hoho we meet again," a male voice showed up from a smaller room.

"Duke? Why are you here?" Ethan asked the man, seeming to have met him before.

"Where there's coin to be made..." the large man stayed sitting in a tall chair surrounded with many trinkets, "and have you found your daughter?"

"No..." Ethan sounded frustrated with his answer.

"Well if she is truly here the lady of the castle would have kept little rose in her private chambers, would she not?" The Duke helped except I knew Ethan wouldn't be able to get there without a fight.

"Dimitrescu?" Ethan already knew my family name. 

"The very same. Take a look, maybe you'll get lucky," the Duke trailed off, "speaking of looking, would you like to make a purchase?"

Ethan then continued to exchange items with the Duke for coin he must have found somewhere. I was not paying attention for i was to busy thinking of a way to get out of this situation.

"You should stay here with the Duke, I'll be back." Ethan said and went for the door.

"Wait, wouldn't you need my help?" I tried stopping him.

"Just stay here please... I've seen enough death today." He left without another word.

"You know he will find out eventually." The Duke spoke behind me as I looked at the closed door Ethan had left through.

"I know," I turned away from it and sat against the wall surprised he knew who I was.

"I won't tell him," the Duke counted some lei, "it's not my secret to tell."

"Thank you Duke." Was the last thing I said before I started to dose off. U have been awake all night and my body took control as I fell asleep against the uncomfortable wall.

Small time skip

"Bela!" I woke up hearing my mothers voice in the other room, "that man was seen going into the dungeon, I want you to get him."

"Yes mother." I peaked out of the door to see Bela form into bugs and leave.

My heart started racing, if Ethan figures out about the cold Bela could die but if he doesn't he could die. I had to do something to separate them.

The first thing I thought of was calling my sisters, they could hear all throughout the castle with their bugs so if I called Bela to me hopefully I can give Ethan enough time to escape.

"Bela?!" I ran out of the room and called out to her hoping I wasn't too late.

Bugs started forming around me but there were more than just one sister.

"Y/N...?" Bela formed first.

"Hey," I said not knowing how to explain why I called her specifically.

Bela pulled me into a hug, "I though you were dead..." she said as I hugged her back.

"What makes you think that?" I asked feeling another one of my sisters put her arms around us.

"Mother told us about Heisenberg." I heard Daniela say as she hugged us as well.

"We must stop mother." Cassandra pulled away from the hug bringing the other sisters off as well.

"Stop her from what?" I asked wondering what she was preparing to do.

"She was going to Heisenbergs factory to get you." Bela said as Daniela turned back into bugs and flew off in the direction of the front door.

"How did you survive and escape?" Bela asked staying behind with me when Cassandra flew off with Daniela.

"Someone helped me," I said recalling the whole situation with cadou, "Heisenberg is dead."

"This someone must have been powerful," Bela replied probably wondering who they are.

"You did not follow the one of the only two rules you have." An angry voice appeared from behind me, making me jump.

"Sorry mother but..." I tuned to see lady Dimitrescu hovering over me before she cut me off.

"You could have been killed by that fool Heisenberg." She scolded before getting down onto her knees, "I thought you had died."

Mother wrapped her arms tightly around me almost lifting me off the floor even though she was on her knees.

"You need to get out of here, there's a man running around," she let go and put her gloved hand on the side of my face, "hes a killer, we're going to keep you safe."

She stood back up to her 9'6 height leaving my height at her hip. "Come with me child," she held her hand down to me. "The rest of you need to locate the man thing and kill it."

My sisters nodded and vanished into bugs. My arm was raised high just to hold my mothers hand but I kept it up there feeling safe in her presence.

She lead me to a familiar place. "Not again..." I said in discust seeing the hidden room ahead of us.

"It will only be for a little while I promise you." She bent down and walked in through the door with me, "after the stunt you pulled today you owe me to at least stay safe in here until the vermin is taken care of."

"Yes mother," I sighed as she turned to leave, "what am I?" She stopped walking.

"You're my daughter," mother said not turning to look at me, "that's all you are. We will talk later, I have a man to hunt."

I watched my mother leave and lock the door. My eyes drifted to the side of the room with the hole in it, "I have to help Ethan."

~○~

A/N
Can I just say thank you all soooo much, its crazy how far this book is going and I love you so much 🥺💕