◇Chapter 18◇

"How can you deny me?" A strong feminine voice echoed through the room.

"Why can't you understand Rose is my goddamn kid?" A masculine voice questioned back.

Many gunshots were going off with lots of other movement. It felt like they were all around me.

My eyes blinked open to a blurry and dark world. "I will take what is due." The winged woman stood over a fallen person.

"Ethan...?" I was barley able to speak but could recognize the blonde hair.

Ethan shot his gun at Miranda but each bullet did nothing to her. She kept coming closer and closer to him.

A bright light shined behind her, the light that looked almost as if it was lava. She held her hands up and the light got stronger. Almost like she made it ready to consume Ethan and end his misery.

I pushed myself up onto my hands and knees but every move felt like death. Each twitch of a muscle made my entire body stiff.

I felt useless, just as I had before. Until a new feeling consumed me. Not a feeling of pain but a feeling of power.

I could feel the megamycete moving around me. Almost like it was in my mind.

One of my hands clenched into a fist which made a strand of the megamycete slash forward at Miranda.

I was made from this stuff and I can use it as an advantage.

"You traitor!" Miranda yelled and stepped back, "if it weren't for you, Rose would have been saved and everyone in the village would have lived!"

"I'm sick of your taunts!" I used all my newly found strength to stand, "if it weren't for you, none of this would have happened at all."

I clenched another fist, slashing at her once again.

"You think you can use my own power against me?" Miranda barley moved from the attack.

She moved her arms making the megamycete slam down on me and pushing me away. I slammed against the wall, feeling my bones cracked as I fell back to the ground.

"No..." I groaned as I slowly pushed myself back up, "I'm using my power against you."

With all of my might I clenched every muscle and used every limb possible to create a ball of flaming gold above my head, "you will not mess with my family ever again!" I pushed myself down to the ground making the lava like substance fall down on Mother Miranda.

"Uhh, My daughter... My Eva!" Mother Miranda screamed as her legs started to sway. All of her body started to crystallize and turn to stone.

With just a small crack down her stone body, more cracks appeared. Making her dissolve into dust and leaving a crying baby laying in what use to be her powerful form.

"Rose!" Ethan walked to the dust and picked up his baby.

"Y/N?" I turned to see my mother.

My eyes were blurry and that feeling of power was completely gone. "Mom...?" I fell down to my knees.

"Come on, we have to get out of here. There's a bomb ready to blow up the megamycete." Chris ran in.

"No, no you can't." Mother stood over him, "my daughter needs that to heal."

"Theres no time," Chris looked down at a watch, "we only have one minute left."

"She won't die here..." Ethan walked over with a familiar green bottle in his hands. He undid the cap and poured it down over me.

I was unsure of what it was but it brought back my strength. I was able to stand and though I felt sore, I could live once again.

"That bomb, it isn't close to the castle is it?" Mother had a vicious glare at Chris.

"No, its only here. Only where the megamycete is but we have to go, now!" Chris was sick of our chatting.

He hurried us all to move forward. Chris and Ethan diverted to a different path towards a helicopter while mother and I went to the castle.

"Ethan," I stopped for a moment, "take care of rose. And Chris, keep doing good in the world."

"Goodbye Y/N." Ethan and Chris waved as the helicopter started to rise.

"Come now child, Donna said she would bring your sisters back home to the castle." Mother held her hand out to me and i reached out for it.

Looking up at the large castle walls, I've never been so happy to see home.

A large bang went off and we both turned to see the bomb going off. It completely destroyed the ceremony site along with parts of the village.

Mother went in Through the large gates and I followed closely behind.

"Welcome home." She said as we went into the main hall.

Bugs flew all around us and almost covered my vision. Instead of appearing in front of me like usual, my lovely sisters appeared around me. They went straight in for a hug.

All three of them wrapped their arms around me and I did my best to do the same.

"We rule over the entire village now girls..." Mother stood over us, "I am truly am proud of my daughters."

~○~

A/N

I know what you're thinking and no, this is not quite the end of the story.
Just wait, another chapter will be out soon 👀