◇Chapter 11◇

Sitting in the quiet room was odd for me and my sisters. Usually we would at least talk with eachother but when looking around I realized no one was in the mood.

Cassandra was on the floor with her knees held to her chest, Bela was looking out the window seeing the cold air that had almost killed her, and Daniela was sitting in a chair close to the door. I on the other hand was sitting on the small bed in the room.

It seemed they were all on edge from no longer being in the castle. Afterall they have been in that castle as long as I remember and even more.

"Do you know who that is?" I broke the silence with a question.

"I think that's a leader of the village, mother had briefly spoken about her before but I'm not exactly sure who she is." Bela answered and continued looking out the window at the large waterfall.

"I wonder what they're taking about...?" I thought aloud and got an unexpected answer.

"I'm not sure but I feel like I can hear them..." Daniela whispered while sitting closer to the door.

"You cant hear them, they're to far away." Bela scoffed.

"Well why don't we go out and see what they're talking about?" I asked.

"No, we almost died today." Cassandra seemed nervous, "I say we just stay here like mother asked.

"Since when did we listen to mother?" I smirked wanting to convince my sisters to go out or at least let me go out.

"Since we can be kicked out into the cold again." Cassandra wasn't the one to convince.

"I think I hear movement..." Daniela barged into our conversation while she listened.

"Probably moving a chair or some-" Bela was cut off by a loud sound from downstairs.

I went to get up from the bed to see what it was but Bela pulled me back down but further from the bed and onto the floor. Bela motioned for Daniela to come to us and she did exactly that.

The four of us were huddled on the floor almost under the bed. I had Daniela on my left, Bela on my right, and Cassandra was on the other side of Bela.

As the oldest, Bela was in front of us with her arms pushing us back from the door. The door handle started to turn and we all stayed quiet in fear for what was about to come out of that door.

The small door was pushed forward and in came the familiar hat of our mother. She had to bend down, almost crawl just to get into the small room but she eventually made it.

"What was that..." Bela started to ask.

"Shhh," mother put a single finger over her mouth and quietly shut the door behind her.

She walked up literally towering over us and slowly sat down on the floor as quietly as she could.

Mother sat there in front of us and we all followed her orders to stay quiet. As curious as I was to see what was on the other side of the door I remembered that the door didn't have a lock on it. Whatever was out there could easily get in, the only question is will it be able to take on Mother?

After a few minutes in silence the sound of footsteps appeared from the other side of the door. The steps walked closer to the door and stopped. A loud thud was heard on the other side of the door and the frame slightly shaked. Mother extended her claws just in case.

Whatever that was on the other side of the door must not have been that smart for the door handle was never turned. It must have given up for we heard the footsteps walking back away from the door.

We all waited a while but no other sound was there. It was completely quiet.

Mother went over to the door and turned the handle. The door stayed put, it didn't even move a bit. Mother got low and pushed it with her shoulder.

I could see dolls falling into the room the more she pushed the door. The house owner must have put all the dolls there and whoever was on the other side of the wall must have been trying to push past the dolls but couldn't.

"Hes gone, its safe now." The woman in black spoke.

Mother bent down through the door and Daniela got up to follow. Hearing it was safe got us all up off the floor to follow Mother like ducklings.

"Where is the doll you had earlier?" I asked curiously.

"Angie is taking care of our guest, she will be back up soon but for now she's keeping an eye on him." She answered.

"Whos he?" Cassandra questioned.

"Ethan Winters, he wants the rose jar." We followed her down the stairs and onto the main floor, "dont worry hes stuck in the basket."

"Will he ever get back up from the basement?" I asked.

"If he is smart enough but not to worry child, if he gets far enough Angie will tell us." She faced towards me but I couldn't tell where she was looking because of the black fabric draped over her face, "i must go, I'll be back." She left down a hallway in the kitchen.

"What did you say to her to make her change her mind?" Bela asked mother once she was gone.

"I explained what happened but left a few details out so don't bring up what happened at the castle." Mother answered as she sat down on a couch. She must have been tired of bending over from the short ceiling.

"Mother when will you tell me what I am?" I knew it was an awkward question to ask but we had time and I just had to know.

"Are you ok with your sisters hearing it aswell?" She asked.

"Of course, they're my sisters. I trust them with everything." I didnt care who heard the story, as long as I got to.

~○~

A/N
Hey there
So what do you think you are? I've been spending this entire book trying to figure out the full past of Y/N and I think I finally got it perfect, so just wait for the next chapter and see what I have in store!