◇Chapter 12◇

//Warning this chapter is kinda dark//

September 1944
3rd pov

Alcina Dimitrescu lived in a small town in Germany alone. It has been years since she saw her family back at the Dimitrescu castle.

While away she met a man, very good looking and worthy for a princess. She soon fell in love and got married. The stories of their love flooded her mind after he left her. She sat alone in the empty house without anything. Though she was physically alone her ex lover left her only one thing. A baby.

Alcina was pregnant but had nothing to take care of the baby. All she had left was a bed and a small amount of food. Her damned ex had taken everything else.

As much as Alcina despised living with her family she had no choice but to return home to them. Except travel would take too long and because of the world war it would take even longer. It was because of World War 2 that everything went bad. Germany was not a safe place and alcina did everything she could to stay alive and protect her unborn baby.

A few months later

A kick made Alcina jump as she was resting in the night. Another made her sit up in pain in the small bed she had. She looked down to see her sheets soaking wet.

She felt a cramp stretch in her stomach, giving her enough pain to lay back down. All Alcina could do is wait and give birth at home for there were restrictions on the street and most places were closed because of them, even hospitals. Most hospitals were taken over by military men who got wounded in war.

Alcina felt the urge to push and not stop until its over. She groaned with agony and pushed for almost an hour before she heard the sound of a crying baby.

No longer pushing, she looked down and saw her baby was finally delivered. "Y/N, I want to name you Y/N." She whispered over the babies cries.

Alcina wrapped the only blanket she had around the newborn and cradled Y/N in her arms. She knew she did not have the food to keep Y/N alive.

Now that she was no longer pregnant the only thing she could do was sneak out of Germany and back home to castle Dimitrescu.

After a few days of taking care of the baby Alcina packed the few things she had in the house. She picked up Y/N and at night she left her home.

The streets were cold and dark but Alcina had to leave. Her heart was pounding as she rocked the baby hoping they would stay asleep.

"Stop right there." Alcinas worst fear became a reality.

She turned slowly to see a soldier standing with his gun pointed at her. The man had a swastika on his chest with a red band around his shoulder.

"I'm sorry, I just need to get food for my baby." Alcina tried staying calm.

"I don't care," he snarled, "You're out to late."

"Sorry sir," she pleaded, "I'm- I'm not Jewish."

"Put your hands up," he continues to point the gun at her, "or I'll shoot."

"I- I can't just put my baby on the ground, please they're a newborn."

"I don't care put your damn hands up," he started to yell.

"I gave birth just a few days ago please-" Alcina was cut off by the loud bang of his gun.

A small wine made her heart break when she looked down to see blood all over her. Although it wasn't her blood.

Tears fell down her cheeks when she saw what he had done. Y/N was no longer breathing and there was no pulse. Alcina fell down to her knees as she felt her chest clench up from pain and rage.

"Get back up before I shoot you too." The man said without a heart.

"I don't care..." Alcina sobbed and held the cold, small body close to hers.

The man put his finger on the trigger again but hesitated when sirens went off. The man chose his priority and ran back to the concentration camp to catch whoever got away.

At first Alcina didn't want to leave. She wanted the man to come back and shoot her in the head but something told her deep down she needed to leave. She had to go back to castle Dimitrescu.

With much sorrow she lifted herself up and escaped Germany with the infant still in her arms. Once she escaped she was able to safely make it back home.

She stood in the cold snow looking up at her old home. The castle that towered over the small village. She new of a graveyard just in front of the castle.

An old shovel was laying around and she got to work. She started digging and digging until there was a hole deep enough for her beloved baby.

Alcina gently placed the body into the hole and slid the dirt over it. Tears fell into the dirt as she barried her lost one.

She used the sharp edge of the shovel to carve 'Y/N' into a stone seven feet above the body.

After who knows how long of crying over the grave Alcina made her way into the castle. "Mother? Father?" She called out to hear no response. Not only that but there was no one in the castle at all, no maids, chefs or anyone.

She went through all the rooms until she found her family. Her mother and father had laid together. Their skeletons still wearing their old clothing.

Alcina had now officially inherited castle Dimitrescu.

She took her parents skeletons and hid them in two coffins. One in the dungeon and one in the church.

Time skip

Alcina had gotten new staff for the castle and had spent years being a cold hearted dictator over the village. She had only hired women for any man she saw reminded her of what happened back in Germany.

"Madame? There's someone at the door who would like to see you." A maid spoke while Alcina was doing her make up.

"Have someone else deal with them, I'm busy." She said in a harsh tone.

"Sorry madame but she's very persistent..." the maid jumped when Alcina stood up.

"Fine but if she is not important we will make a special wine and use her skull as the glass." Alcina walked through the castle to the front door to be greated with a woman.

"You must be Alcina Dimitrescu," the blonde woman held her hand out, "my name is Miranda."

~○~

A/N
So I was just going to keep this to one chapter but I ended up writing a lot more, dont worry though because the second half will be out later on tonight!