꧁ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗: 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛'𝚜 𝙳𝚊𝚢 ꧂

꧁ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ꧂

        SKYLER STARED AT THE MIRROR
seeing two versions of herself; the younger, naive her and the present her. Her hair was curled and fashioned like she used to have it, her dress fitting her perfectly although a bit tight with her corset underneath.

 Her hair was curled and fashioned like she used to have it, her dress fitting her perfectly although a bit tight with her corset underneath

She wore black sparkly heels under her dress that didn't quite fit the time but nobody would see it. She brushed her hands over the dress, the fabric and flowers feeling silk and smooth. She didn't know what to do now, feeling stuck in her past.

She looked at the mirror once more before she turned away.

Skyler was walking with Stefan who was dressed in an old suit of his, Damon wasn't there but with recent events, she hadn't expected him to be. She looked down, wishing Kol was here.

"Look at you two, all retro." A familiar voice called walking up to them in modern clothes.

"What are you doing here?" Skyler asked her older brother in confusion.

"Why wouldn't I be here?" Damon responds as he starts to walk with them. The Salvatore's paused as Stefan looked at Damon. "Bonnie deactivated the Gilbert invention, Isobel's gone, heh, and it's founders day."

"Isobel was here?" Skyler asked in surprise only to be ignored.

"I'm here to eat cotton candy and steal your girl." Damon told Stefan.

"Don't start with me, Damon." Stefan told him sternly, looking away.

"Oh, you started it, Stefan." He responded. "With that whole, I'm-insecure-leave-Elena-alone speech. I'm just enjoying that."

"As long as you heard it." Stefan said.

"Huh? What?" Damon replied acting like he couldn't hear Stefan as he pressed a hand to his ear, "Did you hear something?" He asked Skyler.

Skyler shook her head with a chuckle.

"You have no sense of humor, Stefan." Damon told Stefan.

"Actually I just have no sense of Damon humor." Stefan replied before turning to walk away.

"Damon humor?" Damon repeated, "Hey, look I get it, I get it." He said following Stefan. Skyler rolled her eyes but followed them anyway, she would need to be there if there was a fight between them, to break it up or record it she hadn't decided yet.

"I'm the better, hotter, superior choice and you're scared that now that Katherine's out of the picture that I'm gonna turn all my attention to Elena." Damon told Stefan as they stopped again, "But don't worry, Elena is not Katherine."

"You're right. She's not." Stefan agreed.

Skyler rolled her eyes as they got closer to each other, crossing her arms, until her eyes caught sight of Katherine — no Elena, walking up.