Seventeen

James

I haven't seen Ava in a week, not that I didn't want too, but I was too busy. Apparently, my brother and some of my men had located Sokolov, the Russian mob boss. After finding out that one of my own men worked to smuggle my drugs to the Russian mafia, I didn't think twice about what I would do about the issue. I mean, it was obvious. Snap their fucking necks. I wasn't one to make enemies out of nothing, but people betraying me is something I don't take lightly. And being the most powerful Don in the mafia world brought enemies on its own. Nothing I couldn't handle.

The scotch in my hand swirled around in the bottle as I poured another glass. My nightclub was filled with people, as usual. The men around my table laughed and talked, I was waiting to hear from my brother about the, I guess we can call it kidnapping of Sokolov. It wasn't easy kidnapping a mob boss, they were surrounded by security every second of the day. But my men were good, really good. It was an easy task. Of course, the risk of his men finding out it was us and doing everything they can to get him back, was possible. I doubt it though, they wouldn't dare. They would take a bigger risk than us.

My phone pinged, it was my dear brother. They were on their way.

I stepped out of the car, closing the driver's door, and walked into the mansion with my men behind me. It was quiet in the house. I started walking to the kitchen, but the door burst open. I watched as my brother walked in with a smug look on his face, and after him, Matt and Benjamin held, well tried to at least, a blindfolded Sokolov. He had a tape over his mouth and tied hands. They struggled with holding him still, and I rolled my eyes.

"What the fuck are you two idiots doing?"

The two young men snapped their heads to me, and looked at each other, exchanging a nervous look.

"Well, we thought we could bring him in ourselves."

"Why is he awake?"

"Uhm, we did drug him but then he woke up on the way here."

I raised my eyebrows towards my brother, he shook his head. With a sigh, I stepped towards them and ripped the pig out of their hands. I always have to do everything myself. This was the first and last time I put something important like this on my brother's responsibility.

I dragged him with ease down to the basement, he stumbled as I held a stable grip on his arm. With a little push, I guided him into one of the small rooms. My brother followed behind me, Matt and Ben on his heel. Sokolov actually had the luxury of being locked on this floor by himself, the other dickhead I killed weeks ago. I walked to the kneeling Sokolov and ripped off his blindfold. He blinked, adjusting to the light. When he looked up and saw who had captured him, his eyes widened and I smirked evilly.

"Looks like you remember me. Tell me, how's your father doing?"

I chuckled darkly when he tried to speak back, the tape muffling the words. This wasn't our first meeting. Three years ago, this bastards mob thought it was smart to attack one of my warehouses where I stored my products. Unfortunately for him, it ended with me slitting his father's throat in front of him. That's when the title passed down to him. Not that he deserved it, he was a fucking coward. Just as his father was.

"I suppose you already know why you're here, and why this will be the last place you will ever see. Don't you, Sokolov?"

I crouched and ripped off the tape. He looked at me with a straight face, anger in his eyes, accompanied with fear. I loved seeing that, the fear. It fed my ego.

"YOU FUCKING BASTARD! Let me go right fucking now!" His russian accent was heavy as he yelled. My tongue grazed over my teeth, and I grinned at him.

"Raise your voice at me again and I'll cut your fucking tongue off to feed to your men." My voice was dangerously calm, there was truth in every single word.

I smiled when he stayed quiet. He would have been stupid to not obey, he knew exactly what I was capable of, and it was much more than just cutting his tongue off.

"See, wasn't that hard." I stood straight and took a chair to sit in front of him, taking out the knife that was in my boot."Now let's get to the fun, shall we?" I grinned.

-

Ava

"Mom, I'm leaving now!" I yelled from the front door.

She stuck her head out of the kitchen.

"Alright, drive safe, and don't forget that we're going out to dinner with Enzo before he leaves tomorrow, so don't come home late."

"I know, I won't."

I shut the door behind me and jumped in my car. I was planning on going to James for a couple of hours, without my mom's knowledge of course. I knew he had been busy, and to be honest, I had too. I had spent time with Enzo. We had laughed constantly, it was so much fun being with him again. We were still as close as when he left, only without the sex. Although he had tried to kiss me one time, and I had just told him that I was seeing someone already. It had just come out of my mouth. I didn't even know if what James and I had counted as 'seeing each other. The definition of what we were was still unclear..

Soon I pulled up outside of his large mansion, after being let in by the gate. He had given me the code last time I drove here. When I stepped out I noticed there were five other cars there. Did he have company? Shit, I knew I should have called...

I decided to just walk in anyway. I straightened out my dress and when I stepped inside it was dead silent. There were two guards wearing fancy suits standing by the staircase and they exchanged a look when they saw me. I smiled softly at them and stepped closer. I had met them before.

"Hi, do you know where James is?"

"Boss is... busy at the moment, ms. C-"

"Please, just Ava is fine."

He nodded at me.

"I'll just wait in his bedroom."

They both nodded and I turned to walk up the staircase, but a sound caught my attention.

It was a muffled scream...

-

comment your thoughts pleaseee