Twenty-three

Ava

"How's Greece?" I asked while lying on the bed in James' bedroom.

I was speaking to Emily on the phone. I was jealous of her vacation, but I wouldn't trade it for what I had...

"Ugh, warm."

I chuckled.

"That's a good thing, stupid."

We kept talking and the subject of James came up. I hadn't told her that I was seeing him, but maybe now would be a good time. I mean it has been three months since I first met him. I felt like our relationship was getting more serious, at least I hoped.

When I was finished telling her about, almost, everything, the amazing sex, how protective he was of me, how supportive he was, she was shocked.

"Bitch, why didn't you tell me?!"

Because he's a mafia boss.

"Uhm, I just wasn't sure how serious we were."

"Didn't he like leave after you slept together? What was his explanation for that?"

He had to deal with the person he kidnapped and tortured.

"He had a pretty valid explanation, believe me."

We kept talking for an hour, the sun started to set. I heard the door open and raised my gaze to see a very handsome James. He was wearing a button-up, with the first four buttons unbuttoned. He walked to me and gave me a kiss, and I savored the taste of him afterward. It was hard to concentrate on what Emily was saying, all I could hear was that she talked about some guy she hooked up with on her trip.

James started undressing, completely. I bit my lip when he only had his underwear on. I didn't understand how someone could be so muscled. My mouth opened when he took them off too. When I raised my gaze to his eyes again he was already watching me, smirking. Such a tease...ugh. He then walked into the bathroom, giving me a perfect view of his ass. Seriously, a nice ass too? He was comfortable around me and I liked that.

I rolled my eyes when he winked at me before closing the door and sat up straight. When he was done showering he came out with pants on and sat beside me. I had already ended the call with Emily.

"I want to tell you something."

"Okay, what?" I asked.

He pulled me onto his lap so I was straddling him, and put his hands on my waist.

"I'm going to my brothers tomorrow, family dinner, just so you know."

I nodded.

"Okay."

"You can wear one of the dresses I bought for you."

I furrowed my brows and looked at him. He wants me to come?

"I- You want me to come with?" I asked in a soft tone.

He chuckled.

"Of course, I think it's time for you to meet my mother."

My eyes widened. What?!

"Your mother? Are you sure?"

I suddenly became nervous, I didn't know he was THAT serious about us, but that's a good thing right? But what if she doesn't like me?

"Yes, and she'll love you, don't worry." It was like he could read my thoughts. He gave me a reassuring smile.

"Okay then."