Chapter 7

Jim and two officers went straight to the Truck Drivers address who told them that he was so shaken up he didn't know what was going on but his mate was the one to inform Mrs Stanton about the Crash.
They immediately set off for his address and when he opened the door he tried to run. He didn't get very far ,but as soon as Jim asked about the cctv camera he gave in and told them where it was. Jim recovered it and then took him to the station for questioning, then they watched the footage on the memory card.
Jim also asked for two arrest warrants  for Val Stanton and the District  Attorney.
Jim was on a mission to find Amy so asked Amy's Family for an up to date photo as he wanted her Face on the front cover of every Newspaper in Canada tomorrow morning along with a Statement of why they are looking for her.
An hour later Val was in her Stables working  without a care in the world when two RCMP officers walked up to her and she was arrested.
The DA was in his office when he was arrested.
Val was sat in the interview room trying to think what was going on when when Jim and a Detective walked in and sat down facing Val Stanton,
"Mrs Stanton, where is Amy Fleming".
"I don't know what your on about".
"Oh, we know more than you think we do Mrs Stanton,  where is she".
"How am I supposed to know".
"Are we looking for a Body, kidnapping is a Life sentence and so is Murder Mrs Stanton".
Just then a constable walks in and whispers into the Detectives ear.
"Thank you constable ".
"What's going on Jim ".
"Chief Adams to you Mrs Stanton".
"Well it seems like the DA is singing like a Canary".
"Look I have no Idea where she is, ask the DA".
"Ohh we are, and a lot of other things too".
"So Jack pissed you off because he married Lisa, and he doesn't feel the same about you, like you do for him, so you decided to teach him a lesson by making his youngest Granddaughter dissappear,  is that about right".
"I have no idea what your on about".
"Is that right Mrs Stanton,  let's listen to your conversation with the DA shall we".
As soon as she heard her own voice and the DA's in his office, she knew they'd been listening to everything.
"Okay, yes I wanted to get back at him, and I realised I could use this accident to my advantage, but only the DA knows what happened to her".
"We have a lot of information from listening to you both, so far your looking at Kidnapping,  endangering life, perverting the course of Justice, and there's more to add on to that.
Lock her up".

At Heartland Lou comes running in, "Grampa, Lisa".
"Here Lou".
"Just heard, Val Stanton and the DA have been arrested and for now charged with Amy's Kidnapping ".

To be continued