Chapter 20, Devastation.

Mitch carried on up to the house and had a flashback to his Cousin being blown up, he quickly got himself back to what he needed to do and search for survivor's.
Mitch looked at the Devastation before him, it looked like a war zone.
He got as close as he could with the heat from the fire and saw a pair of legs so ran to them, he pulled timber and other rubbish away , "Ty". He checked for a pulse, weak but alive, then saw a blue long Metal fragment stinking out of Ty's gut, he picked him up and carried him outside onto the grass away from the the burning trucks Just as he saw the Firefighters turn the corner along with Ambulances and rescue vehicles, not far behind were three police cars.

"Anyone else inside".
Mitch looked at the Firefighter, " Yes, the whole family, 6 more are in there".
Jim came running over to Mitch, "Mitch whose in there, do you know".
Mitch looked at the burning trucks first, " I'd say all of them Jim, Jack. Lisa. Lou. Amy. Katie and Georgie, I Just pulled Ty out but he's in a bad way".
"Hey, Paramedics over here quickly ".
Jim shouted.
The Firefighters and Rescue units moved in to what was left of the Ranch House searching for 6 survivors or bodies, no one knew.

"Mitch what happened ".
"I was approaching the Ranch, saw Ty and Amy coming down off the Porch as I turned the corner ,then a blinding flash and I thought I'd gone deaf, Just like when I was in Afghanistan. Then this almighty Explosion, the sound wave blew the windows out on my Truck Jim, then when I got my focus back everything was gone, the Trucks were on fire, half the house was gone and so we're Amy and Ty the place was on fire. How'd you get here so fast".
"We heard the Explosion in Hudson and someone from the new high rise apartments saw the Explosion and phoned us giving a general location, then dispatch came through saying it was Heartland, you need to see a Paramedic Mitch, your ears are bleeding".

A whistle sounded and someone was being brought out on a stretcher with an oxygen mask on. Then another and two more behind them all with oxygen masks on.
"My ears can wait Jim, I need to see who the've found, and Jim, this Explosion was Military Grade explosives ".
Mitch ran over to see who had been pulled out of the house, he saw Jack, Lisa, Georgie and little Katie, but not Lou or Amy.
The Fire was out and now they were all looking for the two sisters.

The Driver was coming along the road and surprised to see the Devastation at the Heartland Ranch, The Truck should of been on the road driving towards Hudson not still at Heartland.
He drove on until he got to Hudson and parked up, took his phone out and made the call. The other person answered and waited, "Err, sorry boss but there was a glitch, the truck was still parked at Heartland, but the engine was running according to my software, I also Err, think I used to much Explosive because the house went up as well, I think I killed them all".
"You Flaming idiot,  I said to kill Ty Borden,  not Amy and the Family".
Then the call ended.

To be continued