Chapter 11: The General

Wilbur jumped, whipping his head towards the window to see (Y/N) standing there. He opened the door. "What are you doing here? You should be asleep" he said to her. "I noticed you never went to your house. Bugged me" she said, putting on her act. "Ah," he chuckled, "yes, I sometimes stay up to plan out what to do. I don't know what I'm going to do to get Dream to get off my back" he mumbled, walking back to his spot at the table near the window with the map. The woman walked beside him and looked at the map. "What does this mean?" She asked, pointing to a small square on the map. "That's L'Manberg. Where we stand right now" he answered. He shook his head. "It's not enough. We don't want to overtake the SMP. We just want independence. Just a small square of land for a country. For us Europeans and you, since you're new here" he said.
"Would I be much help? I mean, I'm only one more person and another mouth to feed and provide for. I might get held as a hostage or something. Used against you guys. If that happens, you have Eret and Fundy. That's two more than Dream has" she replied. "He also has Punz. You haven't seen him or met him since he's never around. Dream payed him to be on his side. We don't have the materials or money to buy him over. He's American anyway" he mentioned. (Y/N) nodded, taking in this new info. "Why can't he recognize us?" She asked. "Because we're 'taking my land. I let you do whatever your hearts desire and merely follow a few rules. That's it. Now you go making your own country? When you clearly had no problems living in the world I have provided for people'." Wilbur mocked.
"Dream owned all of this land? And you built your own country on it? Why?" She asked. "Because..." he started. "Because I wanted to make something. Something for us Europeans" he explained. (Y/N) didn't like that reason, but nodded her head anyway. "He just doesn't understand you. He's a little pissy that you're rebelling against him" she said, trying to joke a little, earning a small chuckle from the man. "I suppose so. I'll get Eret to build higher walls and Tubbo and Tommy to gather supplies. Fundy and you can stay here. You two can probably make weapons and prepare the houses for any impact or something" he said. "What about you?" The woman asked. Wilbur smiled and looked over at her. "I'll be working on plans in here. Maybe I could make a log and try to write down the events of what happened. Like, to put in a future museum or history monument" he said.
"That would be nice. I can help Eret with the walls if I finish with some weapons. It'd be faster with two people" she said. "That would be great. Now, I would like to add something. Do you have any combat experience?" He asked. She hesitated before nodding. "I have a little bit. Only from survival" she lied. "Good. If we fight them, I need as many experienced people to fight as we can. The enemy is known for being good in combat, so we have to be careful" he said. (Y/N) nodded.
"It was good talking to you, Wilbur. I'm sorry for startling you earlier. I just wanted to see what was happening here after looking through my window" she said. The man waved a hand. "No, it's alright. I really should fix my sleep schedule, but as the general, I have to have a plan and prepare for the worst. I have to protect my people from Dream and his warriors. It's dangerous and I can't guarantee to get a lot of sleep. My paranoia isn't in a good state clearly" he admitted with a chuckle. She pat the man on his shoulder before nodding and walking out of the van. She walked across the land to her house, walking inside, changing into comfortable clothes, and laying down on her bed. She had to write to Dream to inform him of how smooth the plan is going.
She pulled out a piece of paper and quill, dipping it in ink and began writing. She wrote about her meeting with Eret, her gain of Fundy and Wilbur's trust, and that they didn't seem to be surrendering so far. She grabbed the letter, signaled for a crow, tied the letter to the leg, and whispered the location to the crow. She let the bird go, flying to the Dream Team base.
     She put the quill away and laid down on her bed. Her thoughts of how she was going to go through with this flooded her mind. She told herself repeatedly that she could do this. She fell asleep soon after.