Chapter 24: The Party Plan

The bakery party was set up. Everything looked nice and prepared. Niki was talking with the guests, Quackity and Schlatt at one end of the party. (Y/N) was really nervous. Acting, of course.
     Schlatt gave Quackity a peace sign with his hands and laughed loudly, but not suspiciously. Quackity giggled a little at this. (Y/N) walked up to Schlatt. "Schlatt. I hate doing this...but I cannot work with you like this" she said, looking brave, but nervous. "I'm sorry?" He asked, as if he didn't hear her. "I said I can't work with you like this! What you're doing with the country, I can't hold back how I feel. I hate it. You ruined L'Manberg" you shouted, causing everyone to turn and look, some people with wide eyes. Schlatt was silent for a minute before he laughed maniacally.
     "Oh wow, that was a good joke" he said, wiping away fake tears. The woman in front of him held a serious face that didn't falter. He soon realized what she was saying, everyone growing silent. "My dear, do you really want to leave and go to THEM?!" He asked, pointing at the entrance/exit of Manberg. "And it's MANBERG now. We don't take L's" he said, his voice practically growling. She nodded. "I do. You gave me more freedom than they did, but I FOUGHT with them, they're like my family. I can't abandon family" she said, almost pleading and at the verge of fake tears. "You REALLY want to do this?" He asked. She nodded. "Fine. Leave. I don't need you anyway. You're useless to me and you're just lifting so much weight from my shoulders. Now GO!! Before I send them to hunt you down and kill you!" He shouted. She sent a hateful stare and ran away, Tubbo called out for her, only for Eret to hold an arm in front of the boy, shaking his head.
     Everyone watched as she ran away, Techno stood in the crowd confused. Everyone started whispering and talking about what happened, but Schlatt shook his head and called out to everyone. "It's alright! We just lost one person. We don't need her, she was probably going to cause problems anyway. Everything is fine. You can all continue with the party while my Vice President and I talk" he announced. Everyone slowly got back to normal and Schlatt pulled Quackity to the side.
     "It worked. Now, we just have to wait a few days, maybe a week" he stated. Quackity watched Schlatt walk back towards the crowd, joining the party. The man stood there, questioning himself, before walking towards the party as well.

———

     (Y/N) walked into the ravine, telling Wilbur and Tommy what happened, earning a hug from Tommy, Tubbo, and Niki. Once they backed away, she noticed someone familiar.
The fox looked at her for a moment with regret in his eyes before turning away shamefully. The woman walked up to him, put a hand on his cheek, and angled his face to look at her. She gave a small smile or forgiveness before he tackled her into a hug, the girl returning it. Wilbur coughed, earning a small glare from almost everyone, and walking towards the small crowd with a grin. This unsettled everyone. Even Niki.
"This is a great reunion. My son came to our side, horray. We have business to take care of" he said. "Blowing up Manberg isn't the way, Wilbur!" Tommy screamed at the tall man. He didn't seem to be phased by it. "Well, Techno has been farming potatoes in the farm room and also a few weapons and armor for everyone, as he has told me" he said. "You need to leave the TNT alone" Tubbo said. "TNT? What are you talking about" (Y/N) asked, confused. "I've been with Schlatt up until this point, so I'm CLEARLY missing something" she retorted, a little upset.
"I set up over 4 stacks of TNT under Manberg and was going to blow it up" Wilbur said. "But, I'm afraid I couldn't find the button I placed. It was either hijacked or I was in the wrong spot" he answered. "You wanna know the best part?" He asked. The woman almost didn't want him to tell her. His response was said with an insane and dark tone.

"I was going to blow up Manberg at the festival"