Chapter 62.5: Their Saviors (Flashback)

(Y/N) stayed with Sapnap laying on the couch, his left hand softly rubbing her arm as she held his right hand as they sat quietly. "Sap?" She asked, looking up at the man with closed eyes. "Will you always be here? In the SMP?" She asked. His eyes partially opened and looked down at her. "I don't plan on traveling" he responded, a soft exhale brushing against (Y/N)'s face causing her to smile. "Why did you ask me that? Are you leaving?" He asked, a frown slowly contorting onto his face, brows furrowed slightly. "No. I'm comfortable here" he said. Then there was a moment of silence.
     "I only asked because I needed to know if we were going to keep doing this. I don't want to stop. I truly love this and never want to be left behind." She said, looking at the two hands connected as her thumb brushed over his hand softly. "Well, nothing will tear us apart if I can help it" he said as he smirked at the woman and pulled her on top of him to save her from falling off. She lightly chuckled and kissed his nose. "Hey, you missed" he joked. (Y/N) then leaned forward as he prepared for a kiss until her lips met his forehead. "Heyyyy!" He quietly whined. "George walked into the kitchen. I dont want him to feel weird seeing his two friends kissing" she poked his chest as she whispered.
     "Fair enough" he whispered back as he ran his hand through her hair and watched her melt into his touch. "Hey, Sap, Punz wanted me to tell you to meet up with everyone near his tower. He needs help with Tommy and Tubbo's journey" George called from the other room as he walked out and saw the two staring at him, Sapnap's head upside down to properly see. Both had innocent looks on their faces. "Gross" he said as he walked down into the basement to gather supplies. Sapnap looked back at (Y/N) for a moment before he smiled a cheeky smile. "Well, I'm coming with you guys" she said as she climbed off of him. "Fine with me. But be careful. You know how these can go" he warned. "I know, I'm a fighter too!" She retorted with a smile as she picked up her armor and walked out with the two boys.

———

     Punz stood in front of a giant nether portal with everyone else; Bad, Ant, Niki, Quackity, Ranboo, Purpled, Sam, and just about everyone else in Old L'Manberg and the SMP. "Ok gang, once I get the signal, we walk in and stand together. We need to protect Tommy and Tubbo. Their fight with Dream will be very hard to stop. Unless they already fought. The point is, keep the boys alive" he ordered. Sam stood beside him and gave out any supplies or armor that people might have needed.
    "Alright, is everyone ready?" He asked. After seeing a nod come from most of them, he turned and stared at the portal. He heaved a sigh and whispered something to himself before walking in. Everyone waited five seconds before walking in as well. (Y/N), Sapnap, and George were at the front with Sam and Ant, so they got to see everything first (after Punz). They stood in a giant obsidian room with glowstone in the corners, two 'pedestal' looking platforms tot heir left and right with discs.

Melohi and Cat.

     (Y/N) took note of Tommy and Tubbo holding each other tight as they stared at the group walking theough the portal. They began to run towards the group while Sam and Bad grabbed the two before Dream could. Sapnap held an axe in front of Dream as the masked man took a step back. "Step away from them, Dream" he commanded.
     The woman beside him glared hard at Dream. "You still owe me that reward" she scowled at him as she stepped towards him, standing face to mask. "I know you wont hurt me. You can't afford it. I'm valuable to you" (Y/N) muttered low enough for only him to hear. "Besides, if you so much as lay a fucking hand on me, Nick will kill you" she threatened. Dream just looked at her for many quiet moments before he stepped away. The woman stepped back to her spot beside Sapnap, still scowling, but had a few small tears in her eyes. "You were our friend, Dream. We trusted you. Me, Nick...George" he hesitated on George. "He's your best friend. Or...was ..now that you left us" she said.
     Dream just faced away from the group for a moment before turning back around. "Punz, I dont know what you're doing here or how you even found this place, but you should leave" he said. Punz stepped forward and aimed his axe at Dream while some people stared walking to the right hallway as they bickered quietly.
     In the hallway, there were different signs with different items on the wall and one even had a cage. They all found their names, some of them had items and some were empty. "What is this?" Sapnap asked. (Y/N) looked around before spotting a sign with her name, an empty item frame underneath it. "I think...I don't know" she said before looking at other people's signs and the items. "Nick look!" She gasped as she found his, the arsonist cane running over and breathed heavily. "M-Mars...?!" He almost shouted. He grabbed the bucket instantly and looked inside to see his beloved pet fish. "MARS!" He shouted happily, hugging the bucket.
     (Y/N) pat his back for a moment before going back to her own. She wondered what would have been put here. "I think these are everyone's most important things. Mine had a cage for Skeppy I think" Bad said as he walked up to them. (Y/N) stared at her own empty spot. This spot would grab her curiosity for a long time. She couldn't think of what her prized possession is. She didn't have a favorite item, so what could it have been? Sapnap took her away from her thoughts as he set a hand on her shoulder, Mars in the bucket in his other hand. He smiled at her, causing her to smile back. They decided to catch up with Punz and figure out what to do.
     "We should kill him! He took our things! And isn't it a rule to not steal from people?" Someone shouted from the crowd. Other people started to agree as Tommy walked to his sign and picked up the Axe of Peace. He walked to the front of the group, in front of Dream and pushed him to the ground. "You can't kill me, I'm your friend, Tommy! You like me!" He bargained, only for Tommy to strike down in front of him, causing the man to back away slightly.
     Tommy continued to scream at Dream for torturing him and lying to him about being his friend and just using him, attacking Dream who dodged until he fell to the ground, one of the attacks hitting his mask which chipped away a part of it by his eye. One other hit cracked across his nose, which a big piece fell off to show his eye, cheek, and part of his nose, which had a big cut from one side of his nose to his upper cheek. At this point, Dream screamed for Tommy to stop. "TOMMY STOP!" He cried as he backed away until he leaned against the wall.
     The group of netherite armored people only watched as Tommy continued to scream out his emotions and attack Dream, no one bothering to stop him. (Y/N) had tears running down her face at the sight. She never thought this would get as violent between the two of them as it did. Dream was cowering at the threat of dying. Did he deserve death? Was this how it was supposed to go? Sapnap pulled her close to his side as she leaned her head on his side, the man wiping her tears only for more to fall. She could tell it hurt him and George more than anyone and they didn't show it like she did. She was disappointed in Dream for lying and stealing. It was unfair.
      "I CAN BRING PEOPLE BACK TO LIFE!" Brought her out of her thoughts. Tommy hesitated. The axe above his head before slowly bring it to his side. "What?" The boy asked. "Tommy, I have a revival book" he said before Tommy brought the axe back down harshly, Dream dodging by rolling to the side and falling on his back. "Death is permanent without this! I can bring Wilbur back!" He frantically called out. Tommy's eyes widened. "Wilbur..." he mumbled, Tubbo peeking out from beside (Y/N) at the name he was all too familiar with.
     "If you kill me, everyone who dies will be dead forever. If you keep me alive, we will be able to live forever. Everyone" he said, catching his breath. (Y/N) couldn't tell if he would attack Tommy or not, so she started to walk near Tommy just in case. "If what you're saying is true, then what if you give it to us?" She asked, her axe beside her. "Listen," he sighed, "I made a deal with Schlatt. He said he would give me the revival book if I sided with him during the Manburg and Pogtopia war. I'm not giving it to you guys. It doesn't work that way" he said, a hand on his racing heart. Tommy grew confused before Sam stepped up.
     "I built a prison as Dream requested. Why don't we put him in there?" He suggested. Everyone seemed to agree with it as Sam and Ant grabbed Dream's arms and led him away with the giant elevator in the room. (Y/N) kept eye contact with Dream as he rode the levator. His eyes never left hers. She almost felt...regret? But she wasn't sure. She shook her head and sat down on the ground, bringing her head to her knees.
    Someone approached her and crouched down, setting a hand on her head, causing her to look up and see Sapnap and George. The three of them just sat together and hugged as she cried, the two men holding in their tears. It was really hard for them since they were really close to Dream.
     The group checked up on Tommy and Tubbo making sure they were ok before Bad and Niki exited through the portal. The others watched
(Y/N), George, and Sapnap sitting there together as their shoulders shook. They knew how close Dream was to them and knew it was hard to lose him. Now the boys only had (Y/N), their newer addition to the team. Nothing would be the same without Dream, but this is for the better of Old L'Manberg and the SMP.