Chapter 27: "My L'Manberg"

"WOAH WOAH WOAH, TECHNO CALM DOWN WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Tommy screamed as he looked at Tubbo from across the ditch in front of him. "You guys seriously just replaced one form of government with another! That's LITERALLY what I stand against. Everything is caused by government. The whole reason I worked with you guys was because we were getting rid of the government!" Techno yelled, pointing the crossbow at Tommy for a moment before moving it back to Tubbo.
     "You guys betrayed me! Taking down Schlatt was our goal and I thought you didn't want to start a government again! That's where all of the problems come from! The government!" Techno screamed, extremely upset. "EVERYTHING STARTED WITH THE GOVERNMENT!" He shouted, pushing the crossbow closer to Tubbo, causing the boy to start shaking.
     "PUT THE CROSSBOW DOWN!" Tommy called out. "Oh, I see. You just want to be the hero taht everyone admires and gives credit to. You think you're so big and strong when you've stood behind everyone. You're so egotistical!" Techno called out. Tommy then noticed something strange. He stepped between the two soul sand statues, earning shouts of "no" from everyone. Suddenly, Techno held something in his hands, raising it towards the statues. "You want to be a hero, Tommy? Then DIE LIKE ONE!" He shouted before placing three wither skulls on both of the statues, the soul sand and skulls merging into two withers, screeching out at everyone.
     Dream and his team started running at people and attacking, causing everyone to run away. Some people tried to fight the withers, somewhat failing but also a little successful. The fight was long and painful, seeing some people fighting their old friends and all the anger, tension, and sadness lingering in the air. (Y/N) started fighting against George, but noticed Tommy being chased by Techno. She pushed George off of her and ran off after the two.
     Before anything else happened, one of the withers had finally died after what felt like an hour (which it probably was). No one had any concept of time, too focused on not getting killed or exploded by the other wither or any of the SMP members.

———

     By the time the other wither died, everyone was exhausted. Getting too tired to fight any longer. That was until a giant explosion occurred, blasting the ground up into the air and falling down on everyone. Many people shouted in shock and started dodging the debris that flew into the air. Dream's maniacal laugh was heard by the people closest to him: his team. (Y/N) looked up at him and the man looked back down at her. She turned to look at Tommy, staring at the hole in the side of the hill that the stage had been on.
     Everyone looked at what Tommy saw: a man with wings, a green and white bucket hat, a green kimono looking outfit, and blonde hair looking out at them. The man seemed to be shocked, Wilbur stepping out from behind the man. The man looked back at Wilbur as he said something, unintelligible to everyone. The man's eyes widened, staring at Wilbur. (Y/N) could have sword she saw tears in the man's eyes. Wilbur then gave the man a sword, which confused everyone. The man hesitated before Wilbur said something else. The man grew sad and plunged the sword straight into Wilbur's abdomen, falling into the man's arms as the blonde man held the insane man before him as he let out his last few breaths, blood trickling down his chin from his mouth.
     Tommy fell to the ground, too shocked at what he saw, Tubbo setting a hand on his shoulder, tearing up as well. The blonde man in the hole in the hill set down Wilbur's corpse and stood up, looking at the people staring at him. He nodded, a sad expression filled every feature of his face.
     Everyone grew quiet, some people whispering or murmuring to one another. Techno stood behind Tommy. "Being the hero isn't all fun and games. You don't deserve it" he said before taking a step back to avoid the boy's punch. Tommy was furious as he stared at the pig mask that the man wore. Suddenly, Tommy looked behind Techno and saw (Y/N) smiling a little. He grew confused.
     "Wait, Dream!" He called out, stopping the said man from walking away. "What is it?" He asked, irritated. "Who was the traitor?" He asked. "You know about Techno, so that's one. As for the other, I think you know them pretty well" Dream replied, glancing at Techno. Tommy grew confused. Techno walked past (Y/N), giving her a smile. She returned it. She then looked at Tommy with a frown, finally able to show her true feelings. "Finally, no more acting" she said, sighing.
     Tommy furrowed his eye brows at the woman, confused. Dream walked up and stood next to the woman with a smirk, his mask lifted enough for everyone to see his mouth. Everyone that was part of Manberg was confused. "You're joking..." the blonde boy said, stepping back once. "You...it's not you...is it?" Tommy asked quietly, in complete shock and unable to process words fully. The group stared in horror, feeling so much betrayal and so violated at how much they told her and trusted her, only for her to be a traitor and lie to them.
     "She worked for me. She's one of us" he said, motioning towards George, Punz, and Sapnap, who all started walking their way. "(Y/N)!!! YOU-YOU...WHY?! WHAT DID WE DO TO YOU?! WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?! IS HE BRAINWASHING YOU?!" Tommy asked, stepping back once more. The only thing the woman did was shake her head. "He didn't do anything to me, Tommy. I don't think we have that kind of technology anyway" she said with a frown, irritated at the boy's childish behavior, turning around to start leaving. Dream, Sapnap, Punz, and George started to walk with her and started chatting as if nothing happened. Like friends.
     "Oh, and Niki? Jack?" (Y/N) said, turning around to look at the two. "I still like you guys. You're cool and I'd love to keep hanging out!" She said happily, telling the truth. The two gave a small smile and waved at her for a moment, before looking back at Fundy, Tubbo, and Tommy.
     "(Y/N)!!!! COME BACK PLEASEEE!" Tubbo called out. "PLEASE, YOU HELPED ME- HELPED US WITH SO MUCH, WHY ARE YOU JUST WALKING AWAY LIKE THIS? DO WE MEAN NOTHING TO YOU?! AFTER ALL YOU'VE DONE FOR US?!" Fundy called out, causing the woman to pause in her tracks. She turned to look at him, a little sorrow in her eyes for the fox. Fundy stood a little shocked at the fact that she still felt at least a LITTLE sorry for him. She turned back around and continued walking with her team, leaving behind devastated L'Manbergians to wallow in sorrow as the Badlands started leaving as well.