Chapter 58: Change Is Good...Right?

(Y/N) felt herself being shaken awake, opening her eyes to see Dream with no mask. "What's-", "Shh! Don't talk" he whispered. She just stared at him. He backed away form her and whispered for her to change and meet him downstairs in 5 minutes, to which she nods as he closes the door.
'What is happening? Why is Dream here? He's been gone...where's Sap and George?' She questioned herself as she got ready.
Opening the door, she walks downstairs and notices Dream with his mask on this time. "Ready?" He asked. (Y/N)'s eyebrows furrowed confused. "Good, grab that pickaxe and lets go" he whispered, taking a step out the front door watching her. She turned to find a pickaxe beside her leaning on the wall. Walking towards Dream, she followed him into the forest feeling uneasy. "Why are you here suddenly? You've been gone for a while?" She whispered to him, not expecting him to stop and turn to her with a crack in his mask. "Ive been around. You just never cared to check up on me" he spoke before turning back around and continue walking.
She knew the forest was huge, but they've been walking for maybe half an hour. "Where are we going?" She asked quietly, earning no response. The man kept walking as if unaware of her presence. She reaches out. "Hey, I'm talking to-" her hand touches a different person, Bad, with a wide smile on his face and red vines wrapped around his body. "I LOVE the Egg! It's not THAT bad!" He said creepily.
The woman falls backwards onto the ground and starts backing away until her hand touches something gooey. Pulling away, she turns and sees thick red vines starting to surround her and lift her off the ground. Wriggling was useless as she was held up to a giant version of the egg. She looks around to find Sapnap fighting of about 6 of the vines. A vine then wraps around her mouth before she could speak as she watches him getting sloppy. Pushing away the vine she screams for him as he gets crushed by one.

(Y/N) jolts awake and grabs her pillow that ended up on her stomach. Drenched in sweat and looking at herself fearfully for any vines, heaving a shaky sigh as she found none. Two quick sets of footsteps come into the room, causing her to flinch and stare at the two men. George and Sapnap walk over worried, the arsonist sitting on her bed beside her and holds her hand.
     "What happened? Was it a nightmare?" He asked, tears almost pricking his eyes. She was still partially shaken, but managed to nod a little. George walks out of the room for a minute, Sapnap not moving from his spot. "It's ok, love, it's ok" he said as he caressed her cheek before rubbing her back as she hugs him, the British man walking back in to set the water down on her bedside table.

———

That morning, (Y/N) walks out of the house and heads towards the egg. She kept her axe close and carefully made her way down to it. Moments of her dream flashed in her mind and she mostly pushed them away, putting up her guard. "It's not hurting anybody...so it'll be fine...it should be. An egg...yeah right, I'm worrying over nothing!" She slightly chuckled to herself. "Change. It's just change. Bound to happen at some point." She spoke to herself.
Face to face with the egg, clearly not as big as it was in her dream, but more vines hung from the ceiling. The room was covered in the color red. The woman never let her gaze leave the egg as she thought to herself. "Are you a threat to us...?" She asked herself quietly. Heaving a sigh, she turns around to lightly bump into something, looking up to see Bad and AntFrost.
"What brings you down here, (Y/N)?" Ant asks, Bad waving with a smile. "I was checking up on the egg, I had a nightmare and I had to settle my nerves. It looks fine" she mumbled the last part to herself. "Well, I'm glad it doesn't bother you as much anymore, we were actually going to ask a favor of you if you wouldn't mind" he said with a smile. It seemed...off.
Uh sure? But later! I have an errand to run, but ill come back...just don't kill anyone or anything of the sort" (Y/N) said, narrowing her eyes, feeling suspicious. "We wont, we promise!" The two smiled at her. A moment of hesitation passes before she slowly leaves, keeping her gaze on the two before sending a quick concerning glance to the egg, which just sat there like it has always done. She then left, Bad and Any sighing before removing their disguises.
"She got suspicious..." Any said with a sour face. "Yeahhh... it's ok! We'll help her get over her nightmare!" Bad said with a slightly creepy smile. "Speaking of...did you talk to him?" Ant asked. "Yeah, and he doesn't seem to want to help with the issue" the demon replied sadly for a second before smirking at the feline. "No worries, I can handle it".