Chapter 15: Surrender Gone Wrong

Tommy was looking at everyone with slight panic. Wilbur was occupied with helping Tubbo heal (Y/N), her ankle started to swell up a little. Fundy just watched from the side, leaning on the obsidian walls of the underground room worried for his friend.
Wilbur and Tubbo backed away from the woman and looked around at each other, (Y/N) sitting down with some sticks and string on her foot as a splint. "Any last words?" Tommy asked in a panic, unsure of how to take in what had happened previously. Everyone just looked at each other, waiting to see if someone would speak up. "Any surprises we have? Or backup plans?" Tommy asked, resulting in everyone slowly shaking their heads side to side very sadly. The boy sighed, crossing his arms.
     Wilbur walked to the middle of the room, tilting the tip of his hat forward as he looked at everyone in the eyes. "I have decided, I know you all won't like it, but we will surrender to Dream" he stated, his face distorting into regret and disappointment. Everyone began shouting at the general until he held his hands out to make everyone quiet. "It's no use to keep fighting if Dream and his team keep clobbering us and tearing us down. He's done enough to us that I've run out of options. It's better than fighting and getting us all killed" he said, looking between each person. Everyone else looked at each other and then nodded, until Tommy stormed up to the tall man. "Wilbur, you can't just give up so easily!! We've fought this long and we worked so hard to get to this point-" "and that is exactly why we will give up. This war might continue for years and would result in much worse consequences and loss. If we give up now, we can still be together and we just have to abide by the green man's rules" he cut Tommy off. Tommy looked at Wilbur with shock and rage. He was about to start cursing him out until a voice interrupted his thoughts.
     "Surrender may mean that we will lose, but that means we all can live. We can still be together. It's a sad word, but it's the only thing we can do. I know we all would die for our country, but if we don't surrender, Dream will tear down L'Manberg and we won't have a country to stand for. It's a hard thing to accept, but...it's all we got" (Y/N) said, agreeing with Wilbur's decision.
Tommy looked at you with rage for a moment before mumbling incoherent curses. Anyone would know they were curses since that's most of the boy's vocabulary.
Wilbur looked at (Y/N) for a moment, a smile brought onto his face for a small moment before a frown took over again. He started to climb out of the room in the ground, reaching his hand out for Tommy, only for the child to slap it away, climbing out himself. Tommy started walking away until he noticed Wilbur wasn't following him. The boy turned around to see his friend pulling each person out of the hole. Fundy was the last to get out because he helped pick up (Y/N) as she reached up and held hands with Wilbur, pulling you up as Fundy carefully pushed you up. The fox was careful with her leg, Wilbur getting her up fully, setting her down on the ground slowly. After he helped Fundy out, he told everyone to go home if they could, maybe try and fix some things.
     The injured female didn't move. She insisted that she wanted to go with them, show Dream and his friends what he had caused. "If he sees that he hurt me, he might feel something. Maybe he'll insist on giving us one more day as L'Manbergians to get me healed? It's just a thought, it might not work" she said, Wilbur holding her arm around his shoulder as he held her up and helped her walk as best as she could.

———

     Dream stood in front of Punz's walls on the prime path, Sapnap and George at his sides slightly behind him. In the distance, Wilbur, (Y/N), and Tommy could be seen walking towards the three men. Sapnap felt a panic of guilt and wanted to do something about her pain, taking a step forward. Dream's arm was held in front of the bandana man, telling him not to. Sapnap stepped back to his spot, feeling guilty for her injury and pain she probably felt.
     The masked man waited until the three stopped walking, stopping a few feet away from him and his boys.
     "Well? Have you finally given up?" He asked, looking at the injured woman for a moment. He was thankful he wore a mask, or his glance at his spy would have been seen. Wilbur looked at the injured woman for a moment, then at his second in command, before looking back at Dream.
     "I would like to surrend-" "I CAN'T STAND FOR THIS ANYMORE! WE WILL NOT SURRENDER TO YOU, YOU PRICK!" Tommy cut off Wilbur almost instantly, jumping in front of Wilbur to yell at Dream. (Y/N) tried to grab Tommy's arm, but out of anger, he pulled his arm away, resulting in the woman almost falling over if it wasn't for Wilbur holding her. Tommy had looked back and realized what he did, sadness and guilt written on his face.
     "Tommy, I told you to stay quiet!" Wilbur scolded, causing the child to turn his attention back to Wilbur with anger. "We can't let him take L'Manberg from us! You said to never give up!" He reminded Wilbur.
     "That was before this all got out of hand, Tommy! We may have more men, but they have more ground and more experience. I hate this as much as you do" Wilbur finished, heaving a sigh. The blonde turned towards the masked man, yelling a bunch of different words until he said something very stupid, yet bold.

"Let's duel"