Chapter 35: Exile

Dream got into a boat, waiting for Tommy to get in behind him. He hesitated, turning around to look in the direction they came from, before getting into the boat. Dream then started rowing away from the land.
     (Y/N) was in another boat sitting with the ghost man. He looked like Wilbur, but...different. "Hello! I'm Ghostbur! It's nice to meet you!" He said to the woman in front of him. She didn't know how to respond. "Um...hi" she said, processing the fact that his name was like Wilbur's. "Do you have any blue?" He asked. She turned her head to look at him confused. "'Blue'? What do you mean?" She asked. "Oh! I have some, nevermind. Sorry!" He apologized. He took out some blue dye and shut his eyes tightly for a moment before tossing it into the ocean.
     "Why did you do that?" She asked. "Oh! Because if you have some blue, you hold it and put all of your negative emotions in it. Then, when you're done, you throw it out! It helps to get rid of bad emotions!" He explained. The woman nodded, taking in the information given to her. 'He seems to not have a filter. That's weird' she thought.

———

     After about half an hour of traveling, they came across an island. Not too big. It provided the basic needs and that's all that mattered. Dream and (Y/N) stopped at the edge of the island, hopping out of their boats. Ghostbur got out and smiled, giving a 'thank you' to the woman. Tommy got out and looked around, taking in the new area.
"This is where you stay now" Dream stated. Tommy whirled around and stared at him shocked. "WHAT?! I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE EXILED FROM L'MANBERG!" He questioned loudly. "Well, risking having you be in the SMP would provide more problems. I don't want to have to deal with that" he answered. Tommy sat down in the sand in disbelief. "Really?" He asked with a voice crack. Dream just ignored him and opened his arms out a little. "Welcome to your new home, Tommy" he said. "This is where you'll be forever. You are never allowed near L'Manberg ever again" he added.
     Dream walked over to the woman, standing beside her as they watched the boy take in his new surroundings. He looked sad and miserable, but he didn't have a choice. (Y/N) had her arms crossed and saw Ghostbur talking to Tommy.
     "Dream, are you sure we shouldn't kill him or something else? He might come back" she whispered to the man beside her. "If I kill him, L'Manberg will be after me. I don't really want that just yet. It'll make everything complicated" he said, setting a hand on her shoulder lightly. She nodded back, looking at him as his mask faced the two in front of them. "Well, Tommy, I'll come by and check up on you every day for a few days and then it'll be every few days. To make sure you don't do anything stupid or try and come back" he stated. The boy nodded.
     "Oh, one more thing before we leave" Dream said, earning a confused look from Tommy. Ghostbur got distracted by a little butterfly, so he didn't pay attention. Dream started to dig a hole a few feet down. "Throw your items in there" he said. The blonde stared at him with shock. "WHY SHOULD I DO THAT?! YOU ALREADY TOOK SO MUCH FROM ME?! WHAT HARM IS IT THAT I KEEP MY TOOLS AND ARMOR?!" He questioned. Dream pulled out his diamond axe and held it behind his neck, leaning on his shoulders, looking intimidating as a shadow casted between the eyes of the mask. The boy hesitated, a bead of sweat running down his face, as he started to slowly empty his pockets and taking off his chest plate and boots.
     Dream motioned for him to stand back, (Y/N) doing the same since she knew what was happening. The man placed down a piece of TNT and lit the explosive with a fire arrow, plugging the hole with dirt. Tommy cried out as it fell into the hole, an explosion going off and a hole in the ground showing the lack of items from Tommy's pockets and the little pieces of dirt that remained. The boy fell to his knees, staring down into the hole, Dream starting to walk away.
The woman took a few steps towards her masked friend before pausing and turning her head to look back. She almost felt sympathetic, but realized that it was better than having him ruin the land with his childish behavior and his horrible habits.
     She saw Tommy turn his head and look her in the eyes, full of sorrow and hatred. She gave him a calm stare, one that didn't quite satisfy him but didn't upset him anymore than he already was. They widened a little as the woman turned her head away, making her way towards Dream, standing at the beach with a boat in the water as he watched her get closer. He had waited for her and let her sit in the back of the boat before sitting in it himself, not even sending a glance to Tommy as the two rowed away. Back to the mainland.