Chapter 57: Clean Up Crew

A hoe cuts off a red vine from the path as a pickaxe chops the rest into smaller pieces. Sapnap picked up the pieces and threw them into the wheelbarrow as (Y/N) chops another vine.
     "Did he seriously think about how it could affect the SMP?" The woman asked, glancing at the arsonist before hoisting her hoe onto her shoulder. The man shrugged. "I have no idea how it even got here! I've never seen vines like these in any area I've been in no matter how far I traveled" he spoke while clearing more vines. The two had been cutting red vines for maybe half an hour since they kept tripping when they walked around the land. Deciding to cut them off and (hopefully) stop the growth they grabbed their tools and began chopping away.
     One vine started wriggling after (Y/N) cut it off and she squirmed away with a small noise of discomfort. Sap immediately swung his pickaxe down slicing it in two which stopped moving. "That's either creepy or gross" she muttered with discomfort still plastered on her face. "Yeahhhh that's never happened before" he said, picking up the pieces and throwing into the pile.
     "So...Bad said they just...'appeared' when he found it?" (Y/N) asked, raising an eyebrow recalling what the demon had said. "Yeah" Sap replied while working on the vines. The woman started thinking.
     "If we get rid of all of them, would they stop?" She asked. "How am I supposed to know?" He replied shrugging. She shrugged back. "I DON'T KNOW, IM JUST ASKING IN GENERAL! RHETORICAL QUESTIONS I GUESS" she screamed with a slight blush. "WELL STOP YELLING AT ME THEN IF I HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING WRONG" he yelled back, throwing his axe into the ground.
     "I'm not interrupting anything, am I?" a somewhat timid voice spoke, catching the two off guard as they turn to see the other person. "You guys are yelling in the middle of the prime path, are you two ok?" He spoke. "Ranboo, how long have you been there?" (Y/N) asked. The boy blinked. "Not long. Just long enough to hear you two start shouting" he said. The two blushed, slightly embarrassed. "She started it" the male mumbled looking off to the side away from the woman. "HEY!" She shouted, her hands becoming fists.
     "Uh, I'd like to remind you that I'm right here" Ranboo said quietly, being partially ignored. The woman calmed down before turning back to the hybrid. "I was just...passing by, you two can continue.." he spoke awkwardly before walking around them, stepping over a few uncut vines.

———

     The path was finally clear (for the most part) after a while, the vines almost completely out of sight. The two fanned themselves with random wanted flyers of Techno that had been spread around that day. The two stared at the image, taking it in. "He's wanted...for the attack, right?" Sapnap asked, earning a silent nod from the female.
     "Well, let's not get involved unless we want more chaos than we've already had" she muttered loud enough for him to hear. He nodded as they eventually focused on something else. They began walking to a lava pit close by and dumped the vines into it, only to see them float. "Well shit..." (Y/N) muttered. "Did Tubbo mention anything about how to burn it or something?" She asked her partner. "Nothing was mentioned about destroying the pieces" he replied, sulking. She then decided to just leave them and began walking away. The arsonist looked between the woman and the vine pieces in the lava and decided to follow her.

———

     The two sat at the dining room table listening to Bad ramble about the egg nonstop. He was confused on how it even existed and how no one ever knew of its history.
     "Bad, can we like go to bed now? It's late and I have a few errands to run tomorrow" Sapnap said, his head in his palm as he rested on the table. The demon stopped talking and realized his behavior. "ACK! IM SO SORRY! You could have told me earlier" he said as he blushed embarrassed. "Bad, I can't say no to you very easily" (Y/N) said with a small smile as the demon smiled back. "Sorry to bore you, I'll leave. I gotta find Ant and update him about some plans for the Badlands anyway" he said as he stood. Once he reached the door, he hesitated before turning to the two. "You know you guys can join if you'd like! You can say no too, but I thought I'd offer" he said with a smile and light chuckle. He waved at the two as he walked out.
     Once the door closed, Sapnap and (Y/N) let their heads fall to the table. "Thank GOD he didn't talk for an hour" the woman said, earning an unintelligible agreement from Sapnap's face smudged on the table. "Let's go to bed and maybe talk more about the vines tomorrow" Sapnap said as he stood and walked to the stairs, not before patting (Y/N) on the lead softly. She hummed lightly as she stood, walking to their own rooms and heading to sleep.