Chapter 23: In The Pit

Wilbur had insisted that Tommy threw some punches at Techno to get his anger out. "You hurt Tubbo. I thought you were on our side?!" Tommy said, staring daggers at the pink-haired man in front of him, standing with grace. "I am. If I had not done anything, they-" "I don't find that a good excuse" The boy cut the man off. Techno almost couldn't say anything without Tommy cutting him off.
"Tommy, listen to me. If Techno didn't do it, they would have found him suspicious as well, killing both him and Tubbo. I know you hate what he did, but it looked real enough. Tubbo's not dead. Yes, it really hurt him, but he's still alive. They would not be here if Techno didn't shoot" (Y/N) said, listing the facts and trying to get Tommy to understand. "Techno was out secret weapon. If he was found out, him and Tubbo would be busted and we wouldn't be as resourceful as we are now" she added. Wilbur frowned, rolling his eyes. Tubbo and Niki nodded in agreement, Techno joining.
     Tommy thought for a moment before punching the man in front of him a few times, the man pushing the boy off of him. "Yeah, show him how angry you are!" Wilbur cheered on, earning a glare from (Y/N) and a worried glance from Niki. Tommy kept trying to hit the man, but he got tackled to the ground and held by his wrists as Techno held a fist in the air. They paused like that for a few minutes before Techno let go of the boy, standing up and climbing out of the pit. "Whatever happens in the pit stays in the pit" he said, putting on his red cape. "YOU HURT TUBBO AND I WONT FORGIVE YOU FOR THAT!" The boy yelled, only for the man to retort with "stays in the pit". Tommy attempted to talk again, resulting in the man to say "stays in the pit~" with a sing-song voice.
Tommy gave up and got helped out of the hole by Tubbo and Niki. (Y/N) didn't really want to get involved so she just watched Techno. Wilbur noticed her stare, walking over and wrapping an arm around her shoulder. "Do you want a go at Techno? Do you feel upset at his 'betrayal'?" He asked, trying to dig into her skin. "Wilbur, you're not ok. You're mentally unstable. I don't like it" she said, pushing his arm off of her, walking away to another part of the ravine.
(Y/N) decided to head back to Manberg, not telling anyone, so she wouldn't be deemed as a traitor, but Techno stopped her. "I think there's something you should know" he said to her. She raised her eyebrow in confusion and listened.

———

Schlatt was pretty angry with Techno when he brought (Y/N) back. Techno said it was to keep her safe from the other explosions and people. Schlatt seemed uneasy with his response, but accepted it. He looked impatient. He took the woman by the arm and dragged her away with Quackity trailing behind.
They got to the White House, sitting at the big table in the meeting room. Quackity sat beside the woman to be protection in case someone came up and grabbed her from the side or behind.
"I'm sorry you were taken away from us, (Y/N). I didn't think Techno would do that. He does seem to care about you, but that's not the problem we have here" Schlatt said. "You're valuable to us. You are Tommy and Wilbur's friend. They probably want to bring you with them. Get you on their side to take me down. I'm not saying I don't trust you, but I want you to be careful. You're only useful with getting information" he said. He stood up from his chair and walked around the table slowly. "Quackity, my love, I want you to be part of this plan. You're going to get some food from Niki's bakery. Set up tables near the stage and tell her that we want to have a little bakery party or whatever. Get her to bring food. Only like a few meals worth. We'll do it tomorrow afternoon" he said, looking at his vice. "(Y/N), I want you to go help. Go hang out with Niki and come up with the idea. Tell her you told me about it and that I agreed. You can 'ask' Quackity and he'll agree." He said. (Y/N)...I want to put on a little...'act'" he said with a smirk.