Chapter 28: Reunion

(Almost cried while writing the last chapter, don't mind me crying while reading my own writing)

     (Y/N) sat on the couch of the DreamSMP base, Sapnap sitting at the other end reading a book about fire. George and Dream sat at the dining room table, eating some steak and carrots. She was laying back and closing her eyes, relaxing in the presence of her real friends.
     "Why do you look like that?" Sap asked form beside her. She opened her eyes and looked at him with slightly narrow eyes. "You look like you're exhausted and pissed off" he said, laughing a little at his statement. She smiled a little and pushed his arm playfully. "I'm just not used to not acting. I was with the L'Manchildbergians for so long that It'll take me some time to be myself again" she admitted. "They weren't too bad of people, but I still don't like how they replaced a government with another" she said, leaning her head back onto the back of the couch. "Well, you don't have to worry about that anymore. You're back with us and we missed you a hell lot more than you think we do" he said, sending a smile her way. 'That smile...one I haven't seen in so long...' she thought, taking in the smile of her friend she longed to see again. Not acting. Not involved in a plan. Nothing of the sort. Just friends. Right?

     "How about we all just chill here and watch the dogs play?" George asked, getting up from the table, setting his bowl in the sink, along with Dream, and cramming on the couch with the other two. The four of them squeezed themselves on the couch, the boys laughing as they lightly pushed each other out of the way while the woman just chuckled.
     "I'm down. I don't want to do any fighting for a while. I just want to relax" Dream said, earning a nod from the other three. Punz then walked in and saw them all on the couch. He stood there taking in the sight before taking a picture as the boys made faces. Punz let the picture develop and set it down on the table faced down so it would develop better (A/N: I believe that's right).

(Y/N) got up from her spot and motioned for him to sit down, the man thanking her and sitting in her spot. The other three men looked at her curiously before she laid down across each of their laps, comfortably. They all shared a laugh and plenty of jokes as they caught up with one another. Punz wasn't too talkative about his life, but he shared plenty of jokes.

———

     By the time it became sundown, they all were sitting down at the dining room table and having some beetroot stew with carrots. Punz then had to leave, so he finished his food, got up to put the dish in the sink, and headed out with a wave and goodbye. George and Sapnap started chasing each other around the building as Dream sat beside the woman on the couch. "(Y/N), thank you so much for what you've done for us" he said, lifting his mask up so his smile was visible. She lightly smiled at him. "Of course. It went well if I do say so myself!" She said. The masked man just chuckled and pulled her in for a hug. She hesitated, but slowly returned it as she smiled.
     "I'm glad you and Techno found me that day. My life wouldn't have been this eventful without you guys" she said. Dream pulled away, wiping a fake tear from his mask. "Oh, now you're getting all sappy. Stop it" she joked, trying to keep in character. The two paused for a moment before Dream's wheeze cuts the silence, making the woman laugh.
     George and Sapnap stopped running around when they heard the tea kettle wheeze, George punching Sapnap in the shoulder before running over, the man with the bandana following behind. They tacked the two in a giant quadruple hug and laughed like old friends.
     After calming down, everyone was tired and wanted a lot of sleep. George left first, sending a goodnight to everyone else, earning one back. Dream also left, doing the same. Sapnap and (Y/N) sat on the couch, silently. They took in each other's presence and looked at each other.
     "It's so weird to have you back. I mean, I'm glad you are! It'll just take some time to get used to you again. You know, not chasing after you or being 'angry' with you, heh" he said, giving air quotes. The female nodded, agreeing. "It's weird not seeing a fox, a man, and two boys running around. Although, you and George are more like them" she said, laughing a little at her own joke. Sapnap gave a sarcastic laugh before tackling her to the couch. "You can't say that!" He said, laughing quietly.
     He then realized the position they were in and instantly got up with a blush on his face. The female rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly. "Well, I'd better get to bed. I'll hang out with you tomorrow?" He asked, hopeful in her answer. She nodded, a smile making its way onto her face. "Yeah, sure" she said. She then stood up and looked at the man once again.
     "Goodnight, Pandas" she said, about to walk around the corner of the wall to her room. The man blushed more at the nickname. "Y-yeah, you too" he said, watching her give a small smile and walking into her room, closing the door. He hesitated before quietly punching the air, satisfied with his time with her that he oh so dearly missed. He then looked around to make sure no one saw him and walked into his room, closing the door and going to bed with a smile on his face.