Chapter 42: Restless Night

(A/N: I used a base, but I made the picture up top)

(Y/N) thought she heard him say something. "Did you say something?" She asked curiously. He blushed and began panicking a little. "I-I" he began, unable to find the words. He paused, staring at her waiting patiently. He signed. "I haven't really been honest with myself for a while. I thought this would be the time and I'm not sure if I'm...ready" Sap said, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.
The woman set a hand on his shoulder, giving a sweet smile. "If you're not ready, you don't have to tell me" she insisted. "Take your time and even if you end up not telling me, I'll understand" she added. The man sighed, closing his eyes as he tilts his head down and away from the woman for a minute before coming to his senses and looking back at her with a smile.

The two of them spent the next few hours eating and just having small talk. Nothing got out of control and it was nice.
"This was a lovely picnic! We might have to head back in the next few minutes considering how dark it's getting" she said, looking at the dark sky. The panda man nodded and began cleaning up the food with (Y/N). The mess didn't take long to clean, so they were ready pretty quickly. "Well, let's go" Sap said, leading the way back.
     The door opened to seeing Dream on the couch with a book on his mask as he slept, Punz fallen asleep in the dining room at the table, and George nowhere to be seen. "Well, we were gone for a while, weren't we?" (Y/N) said as her friend's response was a nod.
     They both walk over to each of their friends and draping blankets on them. Backing away, Sapnap said he was going to go sleep. The woman waved as she walked with him until he got to his room and she walked to her own.

———

     A loud BOOM caused the sleeping woman to jolt up from her bed. She looked around and noticed it didn't come from her room. She grabbed her iron sword from her satchel at the end of her bed, crept towards the door and opened it, peeking out carefully. Another door opened as well, George poked his head out and looked over at (Y/N) questionably, to which she responded with a finger to her mouth to be quiet.
     She stalked out of her room, down the hall passing the British man, and stoping at the top of the stairs. Her hesitation caused Gogy to sweat, unsure if she saw the source of the loud sound. She just slowly walked down the stairs, her sword behind her as to not scare anyone away. By the time she got to the bottom of the stairs, she slapped her hand on her face.
     Sapnap and Dream were arguing over who was the better cook and had practically dropped everything. The loud noise must have come from the pig pot that had fallen on the floor.
     "What the hell are you boys doing?" She asked, irritated. The two looked at (Y/N) confused, noticing her somewhat messy hair, sleep attire, and dark circles under her eyes. Her sword was now at her side as she held it.
"Well, we were going to make a midnight snack since SOMEONE was hungry" Dream stated as he emphasized the unknown as he looked at Sapnap, everyone assuming he was glaring from under the mask. 'He still wears that thing? Even at night?' She asked herself. "Ok ok calm down, Dream. Boys, I better not hear anymore fighting at least until tomorrow at noon or I will slice off your arms and legs with one swing of my sword. I've already had trouble sleeping a few times and I don't want to lose more sleep because of you bozos" she threatened. The two looked at each other and then gave an "ok" sign to her.
"You boys are something. That's for sure" she said as she turned around and walked back upstairs. She looked at George and gave a nod towards him, signaling that it was alright. He nodded and wiped off the sweat built up on his forehead. The two went back to sleep once more without anymore disruptions that night. Thankfully.