Chapter 20: A Favor?

"Well, I had a thought earlier this week. 'Why don't we have some fun?' And the answer that my Vice President and I have come up with is: a party!" Schlatt announced, staring out into the crowd of members of Manberg and the DreamSMP. "In three days we will have a little festival to celebrate the start of a new nation and it's new president" the goat man said, pulling on his tie a little as he grew cocky. "Everyone is invited! Except for the two that are banned from Manberg" Schlatt added, looking at Quackity as if asking 'isn't that right?', where said man nodded with a smile. "That's all I had to say for today. Feel free to bring treats or drinks if you want, I won't stop you from bringing little snacks or anything" he said before walking off the stage.

———

     (Y/N) walked away from the stage as Tubbo called out your name, causing you to turn around. The only reason you knew it was him was because you knew his voice, him hanging out with you as much as he could in his and your free time. He was stuck with Schlatt a lot, but he would visit after meetings with the man.
     "(Y/N)! Would you want to help me decorate the plaza?" He asked, his little goat tail wagging as his little goat ears perked up. He never really showed his horns or tail when he wore his L'Manberg uniform, so it was still a little weird to see him like this. "Sure, it wouldn't hurt to help!" She said, giving a fake smile, earning a cheer from the boy.
     The two of them walked through the forest to gather resources, stopped by Eret's castle to ask for supplies, stopped at Niki's bakery for a snack, and back to the stage. It wasn't very torn up, but it could use some love. Tubbo instantly ran over and started working on the stage, asking for the woman to spot him and make sure he doesn't fall off the ladder he used to get to high places. He managed to get it mostly symmetrical, a little off with the streamers, but it didn't entirely matter.
     Tubbo reached on his tippy toes for a curtain edge, only for him to lean a little too far to the side and fall off. (Y/N) ram over and reached out for him, catching him in time. Tubbo closed his eyes and waited for the ground's impact, but felt nothing. He opened one eye and the other as he noticed something below him. (Y/N) had ran her face through the dirt as he landed on her back, causing a groan. He got off of the woman's back and asked if she was ok. She lifted her hand and gave him a thumbs up. Tubbo apologized a lot and she sat up, wiping the dirt off of her face and clothes, saying it was alright. She was lucky he wasn't that heavy.
     "Let's just continue and get the stage finished, then we can call it for today" she said, standing up and setting the ladder back up.

———

     The two finished with the stage by the time the sun had set. The two grabbed some food from Niki's bakery and the boy was escorted to his house by the woman. Once they got to his front door, they shared a goodbye and the woman left. She got to her front door and heard a slight clearing of someone's throat. She turned and saw the President of Manberg himself, Schlatt. "Hello. I came to ask a favor" he asked, a smile on his face. The woman sighed. "What can I do for you, Mr. President?" She asked, somewhat irritated. She didn't want anyone keeping her from sleeping. "Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's a huge favor. Let's talk in my office. Alone" he said, walking away, expecting her to follow. She stood there for a moment before her curiosity got the best of her and started to run after the man.
Schlatt opened the door, walking in with (Y/N) behind him, and closing the door behind them. He motioned over towards the seat in front of his desk and he walked to his own. "You're uneasy about this meeting, I can tell. It's alright, I'm not going to do anything to you" he said, waving his hand carelessly. "I want you to do something special. It's a secret. You will tell no one. Not even Tubbo, Niki, or anyone. I won't even tell Quackity about it" he said, crossing his heart with his finger like a child.
"How can I be of any use?" She asked, curiously. "Well, I can't really tell you. At least, not now. You'll know soon enough" he said, crossing his hands and resting his arms on his desk.