4 - Welcome Home

Dean was beyond thrilled driving Mary home to the bunker. He had gotten into quite the battle with the baby carseat...but it was worth it.

It really was a wonder that Mary was sleeping still. Well, she had woken up once or twice but Dean just gave her a bottle filled with milk formula, which he had picked up at the grocery store a few minutes before, and she drifted back to sleep. Dean loved how her eyes reminded her of Cas and how her freckles looked just like his.

Finally Dean pulled into the driveway and got out, unstrapping Mary's seatbelt. "Here we go," he grunted, picking up the baby. He carried her to the front door and knocked on the metal door. "Cas?! It's Dean, I forgot my keys!"

He heard shuffling inside and Castiel's voice coming from the other side of the door. "Dean you are very forgetful," he was muttering and soon enough the door opened.

Dean faced his husband, beaming, smile wider than it ever had been. "This is Mary," was all he could say out of pure excitement.

Castiel automatically began crying, smiling so wide. He grabbed the baby out of Dean's hands and rushed inside, sitting on the couch. He began rocking her in his arms, still crying. Dean chuckled, wiping away his own tears and sat next to Cas. "We have a daughter, Cas," he said.

Castiel smiled an adorable smile up at the hunter. "God answered out prayers!"

Dean didn't have the heart to tell him she was adopted so he just nodded and they took turns holding Mary.

"She looks just like you Dean," Castiel smiled after a while. Dean laughed. "But she's got your eyes and hair," he pointed out. Cas just smiled and rocked the baby back and forth.

The door handle clicked.

Inside stepped Sam and Gabriel. They saw the baby in Castiel's arms and reacted immediately. Sam's mouth dropped open, eyes wide. Gabriel's face lit up and he raced to his brother, dropping on his knees to be face to face with Mary.

"YOU HAD A BABY?!" Sam yelled, and Gabriel chuckled, putting his finger in Mary's hand, and she immediately wrapped her hand around it, a baby hug. Gabe's eyes danced as he smiled at the baby. "She's so cute!" He exclaimed. He waggled his eyebrows, "so which one of you gave birth?"

Dean stammered but Cas smiled. "She was a gift from God."

Gabriel exchanged glances with Dean, and Sam did too. Dean put his fingers to his lips and silently put his hands together, imploring them not to tell Castiel. Gabe made the lock-lips-and-throw-away-key guesture, continuing to play with Mary, and Sam nodded but rolled his eyes.

Soon all four of them were leaning over the baby, cuddling and playing with her.

------------------------------------------------

After a delicious dinner of hamburgers and pie, Cas took Mary to the couch so she could nap. Once he was done doing dishes Dean went into the living room to check on them, and what he found was beyond adorable.

Castiel was laying down, sleeping, holding Mary in his arms, who was also sleeping. Dean quietly leaned over and kissed Cas on the forehead, then Mary. He smiled and stood back.

"Welcome to the family, Mary."