16 - Homosexual Art

Here is an extra LONG chapter for you! It will he mostly from Mary's POV. Thanks for reading and enjoy!
-------------------------------------------------------------

Cas tried to hold back tears as the Impala pulled up to the curb. It had been two and a half years and finally his baby was going off to high school.

"Oh my God, Cas," Dean rolled his eyes when he noticed the angel getting all choked up. Mary laughed from the backseat. She had grown much taller...almost as tall as Castiel...and her black hair was now mid-back length. She grabbed her black Jansport backpack. She had gone to the mall with Sam and Gabriel to get new clothes for school because Dean didn't do "chick-flick stuff." So she had a bunch of new t-shirts and jeans and new tennis shoes as well. So today for her first day of school she had on white vans, a dull dark red ACDC t-shirt, and skinny light wash jeans.

"Bye dads," she smiled and unlocked the passenger door, "love you!"

"Have a great day baby," Dean smiled. Cas turned to face her from the front seat. "Don't be nervous," the angel said, "I love you, you'll do fine. Just be good and don't talk about Lucifer or angels or anything. Eat all your lunch and be nice to your teachers. If you need anything, call me or Dean," Cas fussed. Mary giggled a bit and patted the front pocket of her backpack, where a dagger was held. As she got out, as she was about to close the door, Castiel popped his head between the seat again. "Be careful! Have fun, okay? Be careful!" He continued. Dean rolled his eyes but smiled, "geez Cas give the girl a break."

Mary grinned widely and Dean winked. "Have fun, okay?" He said with a smile. "Okay," Mary said quietly in reply. She started to close the door but Cas suddenly grabbed her and pulled her into a hug. She stood there, leaned over, trying not to fall off the curb and into the Impala.

"Bye!" She called as the door was finally closed and her two dads drove off.

Mary looked around at the courtyard where a bunch of kids were in groups talking or on the basketball court. She made her way inside, wanting to get to her class early. She went to the office and got her schedule.

1st period art
2nd period language arts
3rd period mathematics
4th period lunch
5th period gym
6th period history
7th period chemistry
8th period cooking

Mary smiled when she saw the last class. She had signed up for cooking as a joke, but was actually looking forward to trying something new.

When the first bell rang, she made her way to art class. Two long brown tables stretched the length of the room and cups of paint and graphite pencils littered the floor and countertops. Mary found a seat away from a large group of girls who were talking about someguy named Sean. She did not need more drama in her life. Soon more students fied in. A few of them sat near Mary, but not directly next to or across from her. Predictable treatment of the new kid.

"Hello class!" A voice boomed from the front of the room. Mary turned around to see her teacher. He had sideswept caramel brown hair and an gold hoop in his ear. "I am Mr. Lombardi, but please call me Mr. Mike! Or just Mike, if you grow on me and I actually like you," he smiled. A boy up front raised his hand. "Yes," Mr. Mike called on him.

"Why are you introducing yourself? School started six weeks ago." The boy said. Mr. Mike smiled again. "We have a new student! Mary Winchester!"

All eyes turned to Mary and she shrunk down in her seat, not liking the attention. Mr. Mike noticed and proceeded to instruct the class on a new project. "Drawing and labling a realistic portrait of your family," Mr. Mike announced while writing instructions on the board, "draw all the members of family you live with and write their names next to them! Then paint, color, or pastel it. Use any media you want to color it. Let me see your creativity through this drawing!"

Thin cream-colored paper was passed around to each person. Then everyone began drawing as Mr. Mike played some movie score Mary didn't know on the overhead speakers.

Mary pushed a lock of black hair behind her shoulder. Draw her family. This should be easy, right? She started on Castiel first. Tall, black hair, trenchcoat and blue tie. She blew eraser marks across the page and moved her pencil to the side, ready to draw Dean. Tall, green band shirt, jeans. She wrote Castiel and Dean next to each one in cursive. Then she drew Sam, who was way taller than the others in height comparison. Then she drew Gabriel, with green jacket and jeans and maroon shirt. She wrote their names in cursive too, then started working on the detail. She didn't even notice someone was watching her.

"Dude, where's your mom?" A blonde boy said, who was staring at her paper. Mary was startled, but her gaze evened in a few seconds. "I don't have one," she said calmly.

The boy didn't leave her alone. "Did she die?" He asked. This guy was getting on Mary's nerves. "Why don't you stop worrying about my drawing, which is almost finished, and work on filling your blank page," she grouched.

"Uh, I have something on my page," the boy smiled proudly.

"Yes, one line, well done," Mary rolled her eyes and kept drawing. She labled "uncle" under Gabriel and Sam's names and then proceeded to write "dad" under Dean and Castiel's names.

"Ewwww you have two dads? What are they, gay?" The boy yelled. All eyes once again turned to Mary.

"Y-yeah..." Mary mumbled, trying to remain a calm composure, "g-got a problem?"

"MR. MIKE!" Another boy with ginger hair yelled, "MARY IS DRAWING HOMOSEXUAL ART!!" Two girls started giggling, eyeing Mary's page. "Ew," one of them whispered, sending more girls into a fit of laughter.

"Now now class," Mr. Mike said loudly, "we shouldn't make fun of Mary's family. Having gay parents shouldn't make us think less of Mary in any way. Get back to your projects."

They didn't get back to working on their project. Instead they kept questioning her. "So how were you born then?" A girl asked teasingly.

"Um...I was sent by God?" Mary answered, unsure. More laughter. "Yo, have you ever seen gay sex? It's nasty," a kid who looked like a rapper laughed. Mary slid down in her seat, face growing hot and red.

"So you have two uncles? Are they gay too? They probably are," a girl asked. Mary frowned, keeping quiet, not wanting to let the girl know she was right.

"Duuuude she lives with four guys." another boy whispered a five-letter word that made a few others laugh. Mary slammed her fists on the table and stood up, crumpling the paper in her hands. "Shut up!" She growled. The boy stood up too to face her and threatened, "what'd you say, w****?"

Mary knew stabbing this guy wasn't in school rules. She glanced at Mr. Mike, who was clicking away on his computer, not hearing any of this. She faced the boy again. "I said shut up you jackass," she said flatly, a hint of a smirk across her freckled features. Then the bell rang. Mary grabbed her backpack, and walked out, heading towards her next class.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Hope you liked this! Mary is really a big sweetheart, she's just overprotective of her daddies! (Just like they're overprotective of her!) Heehee!! Okay I'm really getting into the fluff mood so now I gotta go write more.