11 - Mary's Birthday

Hi guys! Sorry I haven't posted anything...I usually am pretty good at writing a new chapter every night...but I've just been SUPER busy. Also, my friend is writing a really good fanfic about the archangels. Please read it! Her account is aquadiamondblue and the story is under the "works" tab. Thanks and enjoy this chapter!
-------------------------------------------------------------

It had been a long day at the bunker. Dean and Sam had gone on a hunt, and Castiel and Gabriel had to watch Mary for the day.

It had been a year since Mary's first words. She was four now. Well, in exactly one day. Her dads were planning a party for her. Actually, it was Gabe's idea. Probably an excuse to buy more candy. Or to just spoil his niece. Either way, when Sam got home, the two of them went to the store to buy candy and Cas went to the bakery to buy a cake.

"Make them write a birthday message-thing on the cake, Cas," Dean reminded his husband as he held Mary by the hands. She was jumping up and down as he tried to calm her down, "and hurry." Seriously, Dean would be completely lost if he had to raise a child without Castiel.

Castiel just thought himself outside the bakery. Gabriel could've done the same to himself and Sam, but the younger Winchester brother insisted on walking. He didn't particularly like being transferred random places. As they walked, Gabriel disappeared and then reappeared on Sam's shoulders. Sam just shook his head with a chuckle and gave Gabe a piggy back ride.

When they arrived at the store, they looked around for the candy isle. "Why don't they just have the candy in the front?" Gabe grumbled as Sam pushed him around in a cart. Sam shrugged and they soon found it. Gabriel started piling the candy into the cart. "Whoa, whoa," Sam said, "we can't afford that much, Gabe." The archangel just stuck out his toungue and disappeared.

"Crap!" Sam said, rolling his eyes. Now he had to somehow find Gabriel in this huge grocery store. He looked everywhere. Finally he spotted him by the chocolate. He was clutching at least twelve bags of candy in his arms. "Gabe!" Sam made the mistake of yelling. Gabriel saw the hunter, waggled his eyebrows, and disappeared again.

And it continued like this, Sam chasing Gabe around the store. Sam blushed a little bit, embarrassed, whenever someone stared at them strangely. But the hunter shrugged it off and focused on finding Gabe. He was used to weird looks. That's what I get for marrying a trickster, Sam thought to himself with a small laugh.

Finally he found Gabe facing away from him, grabbing more candy. Sam crept up behind him and suddenly grabbed the archangel from the back, pulling him into a hug. Gabriel let out a surprised yelp, then laughed helplessly as he was smothered in Sam's hug. "Okay, okay, let me go!" Gabriel complained, face full of Sam's red flannel shirt. Sam didn't let go. "Not until you promise to not disappear," he said. Gabriel sighed and nodded. "And promise to put some of that candy back," the hunter continued. Gabe sighed more deeply, but nodded.

Sam finally let him go, but not until he planted a kiss on the archangel's lips. Gabe pretended to be angry but his little pout just made him look cuter.

They agreed on three bags of candy, two for the party and one for Gabriel. Then after they checked out, they headed home.

---------------------------------------------------

At the bakery, Castiel looked at all the different cakes, trying to pick the best one. Why couldn't Dean do this? Cas had absolutely no clue what to say to the person behind the counter.

"Can I help you?" The man at the cash register asked.

"Uh.....yes," Cas said, "um...I need a cake." The cashier just stared at him for a moment then asked, "what kind?"