20 - Forgiven

"I'm sorry."

"What?" Cas asked, a bit taken aback at Dean's sudden apology. The hunter sighed and turned towards Castiel. "I'm sorry, Cas. I've been a real d. I should've told you earlier but I guess I thought you'd be upset," Dean continued, "you wanted so much for Mary to be our kid. To be sent from Chuck himself." He took a deep breath and slowly exhaled, looking down at the floor, "I'm sorry I can't give you the child you wanted and I didn't want you to know I had actually adopted her."

There was a few seconds of silence before Dean felt the angel's presense beside him. Slowly the hunter felt Cas wrap his arms around him in a hug. "I belive Mary was sent to us, Dean," Castiel said softly, "I apologize for getting upset. God gave Mary to us, just not in the way we expected."

Dean turned his head and kissed Cas. It lasted a while and Dean leaned back on the couch, head against the pillow as they kissed. Finally they broke apart and Dean ran his hand through Cas's fluffy black hair. "I love you baby," Dean whispered, "I'm so sorry."

"Me too," Cas replied and hugged te hunter once more before they heard the front door open.

"Oh..." Sam sounded very uncomfortable. He was standing in the doorway with Gabriel. "...is this a bad time?"

Gabe waggled his eyebrows. "We interrupting anything, boys?" Cas slowly sat up, getting off of Dean, and brushed his coat off. "No, Sammy, come on in," Dean grumbled, unhappy at the unexpected interruption.

"Where's Mary?" Sam asked. "Sleeping I think," Cas answered, getting a nod of reply from the hunter.

---------------------------------------

The weapon plunged into the heart of the werewolf and it howled in pain as it died right in front of Mary's feet.

Both Mike and Mary were breathing heavily. They sat on a fallen tree trunk to rest. "You're a great hunter," Mike said, breaking the silence. Mary smiled. "You too," she replied.

"I hope...I hope you don't think...." Mike trailed of before sighing and continuing, "Do you think it's weird for a teacher to be out hunting with a student?"

Mary shrugged, trying to hide the giant smile that was taking over her freckled cheeks. "Not really," she said, "unless that teacher keeps calling me a student and not my real name."

Mike chuckled a bit. "What is your full name?"

"Mary Grace Winchester," Mary smiled again. She looked at Mike. His little golden hoop earring was shiny in the moonlight. He really looked good in a leather jacket. His hair was unique but a normal colour.

"Mary?"

Mary found herself in a daze again and laughed it off. "Sorry I was daydreaming I guess," she said in a rush. Mike laughed and stood up. "Well I guess I should walk you home," he offered. The walk back was really enjoyable. There wasn't really any awkward silences between topics of their conversation--Mary found him easy to talk to. Finally Mary recognized the trail to the bunker. She said her goodbyes and watched him make his way back down the path with a wave and smile behind him.

Hurriedly, Mary climbed the side of the house and crept through her still open window, praying that there was nobody in her bedroom at the moment. She sighed in relief as she realized there wasn't and climbed into bed once she had her pajamas on. She found it difficult to fall asleep though. The moment her eyes got heavy, she would think of Mike and her brain would go all whack again.

-------------------------------------------------------------
So Cas and Dean are back to being adorable :) There will be much more fluff in the next chapter, I promise. Until then, reader-Chan! ;)