29 - Goodbye

Hi! I'm going to write as much as I can before 12:00 because I want to take advantage of this opposite-writer's-block I have!
-----------------------------------------

It rained the next morning. It was almost comical, seeing as it was raining on a sad day, but Mary was too depressed to find anything funny.

She woke up near six o'clock out of nervousness, fell back asleep until eight, and finally got out of bed at around nine fifteen. She finished packing everything in her two black suitcases, got dressed in jeans and a dark green hoodie, combed her extremely long black-brown hair, which was wet from the shower, and made her way downstairs.

The first two people she saw was her dads. They were sitting at a tiny breakfast table together, holding hands and looking aimlessly out the window. Mary spied on them for a moment. "You know why the sky is so grey, Cas?" Dean finally spoke up.

"Why, Dean?"

"Because all the blue is in your eyes," Dean finished, glancing at his husband, who looked down and blushed slightly. Dean tightened his grip on Castiel's hand. Mary smiled, looking down on them from the top of the stairs. She felt her cheek getting wet from a single tear. She swiped it away, sniffing once. She had to stay strong. She was not going to cry. She trudged downstairs and Dean and Castiel whirled around in their seats. Only then did Mary see the pain in their eyes.

"Mornin' Mary," Dean said. Mary didn't reply, just popped two slices of bread in the toaster and poured herself a glass of juice. Cas's knuckles tuned white in Dean's hand. Mary noticed this, nticed how much it was taking him not to cry. And Castiel didn't cry often.

Slowly Sam and Gabriel walked sleepily in. They didn't say a word to Mary or their brothers as they sat down and ate. Not long after they all finished, the doorbell rang.

Right then and there, Mary thought she was going to lose it. She pinched herself under the table to keep from crying. Nobody at the table made a move to go answer the door. The bell kept ringing and ringing. Finally Gabe stood and walked over to it. He flung the door open and yelled, "sorry, you have the wrong address!" Sam bolted over to the doorway and took the door from his husband's grasp. "Sorry," Sam chuckled nervously, "he's, uh...he doesn't know how to properly talk to strangers," he made up a lame excause. The lady in the doorway nodded, dismissing it. "I'm Miss Ediger from the orphanage," she declared, "I'm here for a Mary Winchester?"

Mary stood, her fork clattering onto her plate. She grabbed both her suitcases and sighed softly. She walked solemnly over to Cas, who had tears brimming in his eyes. "Goodbye dad," she whispered in his ear, and proceeded to do the same to Dean, squeezing a hug for both of them. "Thanks for everything," she choked out, and walked over to the door, where Miss Ediger took her to a slim white Mazda and guestured for her to get in. Everything was happening so fast Mary hardly got to have a final wave goodbye before being driven off to go meet her birthmom. She wiped tears out of her eyes with the back of her hand. Her fingers felt sticky. She sniffed loudly and suddenly felt something poking he leg from inside her jean pocket. She fished around in it and pulled out the object that was causing her so much discomfort.

A cherry lollipop.

----------------------------------------------------

Hope you liked this one! I think I'll do about two or three more chapters and then Newborn 2! (Haven't decided on a title yet lol)