15 - Let's Try School

WOW THREE CHAPTERS IN ONE DAY I am on a writing spree!! This is so abnormal, I usually get writer's block after the first two sentences....
--Time skip to when Mary is about 13--
-------------------------------------------------------------

"This is our new student, Mary Winchester," the teacher, Ms. Riley announces to the class. Mary stood at the front of the room, slightly nervous, playing with a strand of hair.

A few weeks earlier Dean and Castiel had decided that Mary needed more education than Sam's printed out math worksheets, so they wanted to enroll her in either public or private middle school. She would be in seventh grade, so she would be a new student.

"She should go to a private school, Dean," Cas had argued, "she needs religion lessons." Dean sighed. "You give her those at home!" Dean said in retaliation, "besides, Sammy and I went to public school and we turned out fine..." he exchanged glances with an eye-rolling moose, "...kind of." Eventually, the two decided they would try a private Catholic school. If it didn't work out, they would homeschool Mary again until freshman year, when she would try a public high school.

Now, Mary was assigned to a seat near the window in the back of the room. She sat down, tucking her books in the metal cage below her seat. "Now, for religious studies," Mrs. Riley said loudly, "get out your workbooks." Her voice drowned on as Mary opened her workbook and proceeded to stare out the window. There weren't many cars going by. Mrs. Riley was talking about the devil and sin...something Castiel had taught her about when she was eight...she knew everything the teacher was talking about already. So she continued daydreaming and staring out the window. Until.....

"Mary!"

Mary's head snapped up and she looked at a very annoyed Mrs. Riley. "Would you please come up here? Since obviously think you know the topic well enough that you can teach this class." A ripple of laughter swept across the room as Mary made her way to the front.

"Now tell me about the devil," Mrs. Riley challenged. Mary shifted her weight from her left foot to her right foot nervously. "What do you want to know?" She asked quietly.

"Anything you know about him," the teacher said, annoyance and humour clearly showing in her tone.

"Well...." Mary began, "Lucifer's favorite color is black. And blood red," she smiled now, more confident talking in front of the class, "and he's kind of intimidating but actually kind of approachable once you get to know him." The class started laughing and the teacher's smug smile turned into a frown and her eyebrow raised. "You've met Lucifer?" She asked skeptically, "because I am not in the mood for jokes young lady."

"No, I have!" Mary insisted, "he's my uncle!" More laughter from the class and she continued, "when I first met him though I threatened him with a dagger and called him a rat ass."

"You called Satan a rat ass," Mrs. Riley said flatly. "That is not the kind of language we tolerate at this school, Miss Winchester, if you think--"

"What's his favorite ice cream?" A chubby red-haired boy in the front seat asked, laughing along with everyone else.

"Devil's food cake flavour," Mary smiled back, not understanding at all that what she was saying wasn't exactly appropriate to say in this school, "and my dad once crushed an ice cream cone over his head!"

Before Mary could blink Mrs. Riley grabbed her by her arm and dragged her out of the classroom and into the hallway, gasps and laughter following them. The teacher slammed the door shut. "Mary Grace Winchester," she yelled, "these lies and disrespectful jokes are absolutely unacceptable!"

"They aren't lies," Mary said, confused, "Lucifer is my uncle."

"Stop saying that!" Mrs. Riley scolded, abd dragged her by the forearm to the principal's office, where she explained everything to the principal, Mr. Roberts. Mary sat in the big wooden chair, kicking her feet. Her heart was pounding. What did she do wrong?!

"Hello Mary," Mr. Roberts sneered as he finally sat across from her. He continued to scold her for saying "lies" and "disrespecting God" by telling "inappropriate stories" about Lucifer. Mary felt a lump in her throat as he called her dad. In a few minutes, fifteen or so, Dean walked in the door. He saw Mary sitting with the principal and sighed. She was his daughter all right.

"What's the problem?" Dean asked. Mr. Roberts smiled, and it looked like an annoying pity-smile.

"Your daughter has been telling lies and disrespectful stories during religion class, using fowl and inappropriate language during class, and deliberately talking as if Satan was a good thing." He leane back in his black office chair and gave Dean a what-do-you-have-to-say-to-that face.

Instead of yelling at his daughter, Dean gave a smile to a very shocked Mr. Roberts. "Well thank you for wasting my time," He smirked, "D-bag." And with that, he led Mary out of the office and they both climbed into the Impala.

Dean just sat there for a minute, in silence, before saying, "not a word of this to your dad, alright?" A slow smile spread across Mary's freckled face. "Okay." And with that, they drove home to another two years of homeschooling.

---------------------------------------------
So did you like the chapter? The next one will time skip two years to freshman year. See you then! :)

Me: So Luci did you like the chapter?

Luci: At least I was'nt in this one.

Me: Maybe you can be in another one.

Luci: No! Please no!

Me: Yeah you'll be back in a later chapter.

Luci: *facepalm* Noooooooo! Ughhh..

Me: Don't make me get Ale! (my friend)

Luci: No! Not Ale!!

Ale: LUCIIIIII!!!!

Luci: *getting mauled by Ale* Nooooooo!!!!

Bye guys! See you next chapter! ;)