26 - Keep Mary Safe

Hi guys! I'd like to ask you to read my Potterlock fanfiction, Expecto Patronum, if you get the chance. It doesn't have many reads/comments/votes and I'd like to know how it is....so if you have time, please read that! Thanks!
-----------------------------------------

Mary didn't understand how keeping her home from school was going to keep her birthmother from claiming her, but she did as she was told.

Dean and Castiel kept her in the bunker, not letting her come out, even for school or anything else. She usually kept to herself in her room to stay away from the fighting she could hear downstairs.

"Dean, I will not let them take Mary away!" Cas would shout.

"Me either Cas. We gotta work something out!" Dean would angrily reply.

This went on for days until one morning Mary packed her backpack and headed out for school without them knowing. She walked, and got to art class a little late. Mike brushed it off and didn't say anything about it. He did look concerned, though, as she took her seat next to Shayly. "What's wrong?" Shayly asked, obvious curiosity in her tone. Mary shook her head. "Nothing," she sighed, and began working.

Halfway through class, the phone rang. "Hello, this is Mr. Mike Joseph Lombardi's art class," Mike said into the phone, "uh-huh. Okay. Ooohhh.... Really? Are you sure? Mmm-hmm. Okay. Bye. Thanks," he said, small pauses between each, and hung up. "Mary?" he called. Mary walked up to his desk and looked at him. His eyes were filled with concern. "Your dad, Dean, is here to pick you up. Is everything okay?"

Mary sighed shakily and handed Mike her phone number. "Can I text you later?" she asked. "Of course," Mike replied.

Mary went outside and got into the Impala and got driven home, where she retreated to her room, trying to block out the sounds of loud argument between her dads. The deadline was arriving sooner than expected. Mary would be forced to leave and go live with her birthmother. Mary wiped away a single tear at the thought and picked up her phone when the screen lit up a blinding white. She expected it to be Mike, but instead Shayly's name popped up.

"Meet me in the alley behind school in five minites," Mary read the text out loud. Worry hit her as she grabbed her dagger, stake, salt, and opened her window, sneaking out and running towards the school.

-----------------------------------------
Sorry for the short chapter! I'll try to write some more tomorrow. See you then!

Luci: Hey, I'm in this chapter!

Me: Uhhh....no you were'nt...

Luci: Yeah, here it is! Chapter 26! Look! *shoves book at my face*

Me: *quickly shuts book* Nonononono that's nothing! Haha...*nervous laugh*

Luci: Wait, isn't that the book you're writing and you're going to surprise everyone with at the end of Newborn?

Me: *duct tapes Luci's mouth shut* Quiet Luci! That isn't supposed to be announced until after the last chapter! *quickly makes lame attempt to end chapter but finally decides just to put it in action format at the end of this unecessarily long author's note*

Bye guys, see you soon!