28 - Shayly and Mike

Mary thrust both her fists forward, jumping over them like they were a rope. Shayly struggled to keep her hold on Mary as she started kicking and punching whoever got in her way.

I have to get back home, she told herself furiously as she ran. All of a sudden, she smacked right into someone. Crap, it was Crowley. She tried to turn the other way, but Shayly stood there, a fake-sweet smile on her face. Mary knew there was nowhere to turn. "What do you want?" she shouted. Crowley's smug smile crept back onto his unshaven face. "I want to earn a prize for catching to famous Mary Winchester," He grinned, getting up close to Mary's face, "did you know that the other Mary Winchester burned on the ceiling? Bet dear daddy never told you that."

Mary blinked. "No, he hadn't. So what?"

"Has your daddy ever told you how he and Castiel met? How Gabriel met Sam? Did you even know that your uncle Gabriel killed hundreds of people? How many your dad murdered willingly?" He made a tsk-tsk sound and clicked his tounge. Mary stood there, shocked. Shayly had hold of her handcuffed hand again. "But," Crowley continued, his smile wider than ever, "you still love them, eh? Because they adopted you. They got you because nobody else wanted you, Mary. You call these boys your family yet you hardly know them any better than you know your friend here, Shayly," he nodded at the girl behind Mary, "who works for me, by the way."

Mary watched as Shayly's eyes flikered to all black, then back again. Her smile remained. Mary's breath shook as she pulled her hands as hard as she could. Shayly had a very tight grip. "Now I'm going to call daddy and uncle over and we'll make a deal, okay?" Crowley said and began taking a simple cell phone out of his pocket. Next thing Mary knew, it was thrown to the ground.

There stood Mike Joseph, with his gun and knife, wearing his hunting clothes. "Mary," he breathed, and raced over, narrowly avoiding Crowley's flying fist. Mike snatched the key to the handcuffs right out of Shayly's hands and unlocked Mary, who picked her daggar off the asphalt and the two of them began fighting. Mary kicked Shayly in the gut, sending her flying back. "I'll get her, you get Crowley!" Mary yelled, and Mike nodded, charging over to where the king of hell stood.

Mary went over to Shayly, who was trying to regain balance and stand up. Mary shoved her back, so she sat against the wall again, with her boot and pressed the daggar point over her heart. "Thanks for everything," Mary said through gritted teeth and stabbed Shayly. Mary watched the demon expel from the girl and die with a shriek. Then Shayly, the real Shayly, lay dying. "Sorry," was her last choked-out words before she closed her eyes for good.

Mary didn't have time to feel sad. She whirled around to see Mike clutching his arm and Crowley disappearing. Mary ran over and helped Mike onto a nearby bench.

"I am so sorry," Mary winced as she saw Mike's bleeding arm. She tried to stanch the wound with a piece of scrap cloth, but it turned a bright red and didn't seem to help. Mike kept hold of his arm and looked at Mary. "Are you okay?" he asked. All the stress, all the emotion, all the sadness and confusion came out at once. Mary put her hands to her face to try and hide her crying, but he had already seen. "Sorry." she said softly between sniffs. She felt two warm arms wrap around her shoulders in a hug. "No," Mike said back, "I'm sorry." He released Mary and looked her in the eye. "Do you want to tell me what's wrong?"

No sense hiding it to spare Mike's feelings anymore. Mary began explaining everything, from the moment Lucifer pulled out the form to them currently sitting on the bench together. Mike didn't say a word but instead stood up, helped Mary to her feet, and walked with her home towards the bunker.

When they arrived, outside Mary's bedroom window, Mike kissed her cheek. "See you in class Mary," he said, sadness and sincere pity in his voice. Mary finally let go of his hand and watched him reluctantly disappear into the night. Mary climbed the large oak tree in front of the bunker and slid silently into her open window. The room was dark and she changed quickly, sliding under the sheets of her bed and falling into a dizzying sleep, dreading the next morning.

-----------------------------------------
Please vote if you liked it! Thanks!

Luci: How sweet!

Me: Seriously?

Luci: Mike and Mary are so cute together!

Me: Seriously.

Luci: *crosses arms* Oh shut up.

Me: *laughs* Well say goodbye Luci, we won't be seeing you in the author's notes until the last chapter probably!

Luci: I'm not saying goodby to the readers.

Me: Say it.

Luci: No.

Me: Say it, Luci.

Luci: No. *sticks out tounge*

Me: *attacks him with bottle of holy water* SAY IT LUCI!!

Luci: Fine fine GOODBYE!