18 - He's A Hunter

A quick note before you read this chapter: if you have a problem with relationships with a big age difference, by all means you can skip this chapter, but its not like smut or anything. It's just a mention of a crush its not anything big. Still, if the idea of a 16 and 23 year old liking eachother creeps you out for some reason, you can skip this chapter. (Even though its really important to the plot....) Okay thanks for reading! Enjoy :)
-------------------------------------------------------------

"Come on," Mary pleaded, wooden stake itching in her hand. It had been so long since she went hunting with her dad and uncle. She wanted to kill some demons, see some blood! ....Things normal teenage girls don't do, Mary reminded herself as she climbed into the Impala with Dean and Sam.

"Okay, where's the demon at?" Mary asked. She brushed back her side bangs, almost bouncing in the seat she was so excited. She stopped as she thought about the yelling she had heard through the wall in the kitchen the other night. She wondered what that argument had been about. Breaking her thoughts, Dean chuckled. "The forest behind your school actually," he answered and started driving.

Oh no.

Her school? People might see her there! People she knew! Embarrassment rose as a lump in her throat and she gripped the stake. Maybe she could stay hidden.

"We're here to investigate the forest behind the school," Dean declared, flashing his fake FBI badge at the school secretary. It was taking Mary all her self control not to cover her blushing face with her hands. She was dressed in a "disguise," which meant "normal teenage attire." Which meant she was wearing a pink racerback tank top and black mini skirt and wedges on her feet, which were already swollen from the damn shoes.

"This is Mary Winchester," Dean continued, pushing her a bit further towards the desk, "she said she spotted something strange in the forest the other day. Her parents filed a report, and now we're here to see into it."

The lady behind the desk raised an eyebrow behind her rectangular glasses. Please don't recognize me, please don't recognize me, Mary said over and over in her head.

"I don't know this student," the woman said simply and went back to typing. Sam breathed loudly out his nose and Dean pulled his badge out again. "It's the law, ma'am, you have to let us through." When the lady didn't even turn back around Dean prayed Castiel here. He immediately showed up and the hunter guestured to the secretary. "She won't let us through, Cas," Dean smirked. Cas didn't return the smile. He was still waiting for an explanation from Dean about the whole "adoption" thing.

"Whoa whoa whoa," a deep voice sounded from down the hall. They all turned and Mary started blushing again. Mr. Mike. The art teacher walked quickly towards them. "What's going on here?" He asked, examining the hunter-FBI agents, who were much taller than him, then Castiel, then his gaze rested upon Mary.

"Ah, Mary," he smiled then leaned over the counter. "It's okay Ms. Ville, I know this student." He thankfully led the four of them down the hall towards the forest. He held the back door open for them.

"Thanks man," Sam smiled and walked through. Before Dean, Cas, or Mary could go through though, Mr. Mike started smiling really wide. "Mary," he said, "you never told me your dads were FBI agents, that's awesome." Mary curtly nodded, still kind of embarrassed to be seen in this stupid outfit by one of her teachers...one of her more attractive teachers too.....wait, what?!

"Thanks for this, uh..." Dean started to say, but realized he didn't know the teacher's name. The teacher smiled, getting the message. He stuck his hand out and Dean shook it. "Joseph Mike Lombardi," he smiled.

Dean smiled back and nodded, then led his husband and daughter out into the forest. As they went through the door, Mary looked over her shoulder at Mr. Mike, who was smiling at her. "Be right back," she told her dads and ran up to her teacher.

"Um...thanks for letting us in Mr. Mike," she said nervously. He laughed a bit, which made Mary smile. He had a nice smile. "No problem, but you can call me Mike," he said. Mary nodded quickly and flashed another smile before turning to go back out again. Before she could though, Mike whispered in her ear, a slight laugh in his tone, "I know you're a hunter."

Mary's eyes widened as she spun around. "How...how did you know that?!"

Mike smiled knowingly and started to close the door behind her. "I'm a hunter too."

-------------------------------------------------------------
*GASP* Mr. Mike Joseph Lombardi is a hunter?! And he's attractive?! And young?! Too bad I can't marry my own characters....I'll try to give a description of his appearance next chapter. Also a flashback to see what happened when Dean finally told Cas about THE ADOPTION THING! Poor Cas......okay! Sorry for such a short chapter but I am about to go to the zoo with a friend. Hopefully a little inspiration there will break this writer's block I'm having!