14 - Rainbow

This is the continuation of chapter 13 just in case you're like my friend and aren't following the story line and just skipping from chapter to chapter. (Ugh the next chapters won't make any sense to you stop doing that!!!) Okay sorry for ranting...here you go! :)
-------------------------------------------------------------

Mary slowly opened her eyes and realized she and her uncle were standing in front of an ice cream parlour in some city. Lucifer smiled a bit and outstretched a hand to her. She took it and nervously smiled back. Together they walked into the store.

They both ordered ice cream, Mary got cookies and cream and Lucifer got devil's food cake flavour. Then they sat on a bench outside.

"So," Lucifer began, "tell me about yourself."

"Um....uh..." Mary took a bite of her ice cream, "What do you want to know?"

"Hmm....how about twenty questions?" Lucifer suggested. Mary shrugged and as they talked, she found it was actually really easy to talk to Lucifer. Not as intimidating as she would've thought.

Meanwhile, Cas and Gabe had been following them. They got ice cream too, Cas got vanilla and Gabriel got chocolate-peanut, and they hid at a table behind two newspapers. They watched Mary and Luci intently. "What do you think he's saying?" Castiel whispered to his brother.

"I dunno Cassie," Gabriel whispered back, licking his ice cream, "maybe trying to convince her to kill one of us?" He was joking, but Castiel's eyes widened. "What if he's telling her about all the horrible things that he's done?! What if he's trying to get her to side with him?! What if...what if he's telling her about all the bad things Dean and I have done?!" The angel peeked at the two on the bench and frowned even more, "Who knows what kind of horrible things he's telling her?!?!!"

"So what's your favorite color?" Lucifer asked.

"Um...I like all the colors. They're really beautiful. But I do like green. And blue. Ooo, and yellow! Actually, red? No, purple?" She giggled then sighed out, "yellow. I like yellow the best. And lavender purple the second best."

Lucifer nodded. "I like black. And blood red." Mary couldn't help but laugh and it made Luci smile.

At this time, Gabriel and Castiel were still watching. "Look he's smiling! They're both smiling!! He's doing something to her, I know it," Cas excalimed, then slammed his newspaper on the table before storming over to the two.

"Daddy!" Mary smiled and hugged her dad as he glared at Lucifer. "What did yoy tell her?" The angel said flatly. Lucifer laughed and rolled his eyes, "nothing! Unless you count talking about the rainbow bad."

Gabriel came over and crossed his arms. "I knew it. He talked about how you and Dean are gay. I knew it."

"LUCIFER!" Cas growled but Luci put his hands up in surrender. "Nonononooo...favorite colours! Colours of the rainbow," he corrected. "Whatever. Your two hours are up," Castiel replied evenly and transported all three of them back to the bunker.

When they appeared Dean jumped off the couch and grabbed Mary, checking her for wounds. "You okay?" He asked frantically, hugging her close before setting her down on the floor. The hunter then walked over to Cas and took a lick of his ice cream. He kissed the angel's cheek and took the cone out of his hands. "So how was your so-called 'bonding time'?" Dean questioned.

"We talked about the rainbow," Lucifer replied happily. Obviously Dean had the same thoughts as Gabriel had had earlier because he calmly walked over and crushed the ice cream cone over the devil's head.
(Another sentence I never thought I'd ever write...)
Lucifer hardly flinched before doing a fake-pout. The white cream dripped down over his eyes and was oozing all over his head before he disappeared.

"Colours of the rainbow," Gabriel corrected, holding back a laugh. Sam could'nt help it though, and he burst out laughing. Castiel even couldn't stifle back a smile and he gave Dean a brief hug before going to tuck Mary into bed.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Hope you liked this chapter! The rest of the story I promise will be more structured, like an actual story, not just one-shot type chapters. Comment if you have any ideas for Mary as she enters FRESHMAN YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL! *gasp* See you then!

Luci: Argh that chapter was just painful.

Me: Aw but you were soo cute!! ;)

Luci: Ughhhhhhhhh noooooo

Me: Oh shut up you do what I want

Luci: Grr....