10 - Bah

"Hey babe?" Dean said one afternoon as Mary played on the ground with her bee. She was three now, and just starting to talk.

"Yes, er...babe?" Cas answered, walking in from the kitchen. He was still getting used to using pet names.

"Mary should be saying her first words by now, right?" Dean said, some worry in his tone. Castiel sat on the couch next to him. "I'm sure she will," he assured his husband.

"Thanks Cas," Dean smiled and kissed him before the angel bent down next to Mary when he heard her trying to articulate a word. "What is it, baby? Hmmm?" Cas asked, speaking sweetly to her.

"Bah," she bumbled, and Cas smiled widely. Dean smiled too. Castiel was so adorable when he talked to Mary. "What do you want?" Cas asked, tickling her belly. Mary laughed and tried again, "bah!!"

"Hmmm..." Cas said jokingly and reached across to the table that had her bee on it. "Could you possibly want your bee?"

"Oh my God, Cas," Dean rolled his eyes, "you've got to stop giving her that. She's gonna have it until she's freaking thirty years old."

"Not Mister Buzzles," Cas said sarcastically as Mary bit the bees' head. Her drool got all over the blanket she was sitting on. Sam saw this as he walked inside.

"Oh, come on!" The younger Winchester yelled. He was carrying a huge basket of laundry and had towels and shirts draped over his arms and shoulders. He hobbled over to the stairs and attempted to climb them. Dean laughed right out loud, covering his mouth to try to quiet himself. Castiel smiled a bit as Gabriel came in, sighing in mock-annoyance. "Poor moose," the archangel said, and went over to help him carry the clothes.

"Bah!" Mary said again, pointing at Dean. Dean slapped his knees, a huge smile spread across his face. "What? What is it, baby??" He got down on his knees next to Cas and stuck his face closer to Mary's, making her giggle.

"Bah, bah," Mary continued, and Castiel chuckled. "Bah! Baaahhh!" Mary kept pointing at Dean. "No," Dean corrected, pointing at himself, "I'm Dad...uh..'Dah'."

"Daaaaa..." Mary started saying..."Daahh." Dean smiled proudly as Mary pointed to him and said "Dah. Dah." Over and over. Castiel smiled too and pointed to himself.

"Ma," Mary said. Dean burst out laughing and Cas stuck his bottom lip out. "No, I'm Dad too," he said, "I'm Dah too."

"Dah." Mary pointed to Dean again, then moved her finger to Castiel. "A Dah."

Now Cas smiled fully and his wings unfurled. Mary smiled, her eyes wide. Cas couldn't help but chuckle when he saw Dean had the same expression. The hunter blushed a deep rose colour. "Dean, we're married," Cas said and Dean glanced away, forcing an almost angry look on his otherwise bright red face. Cas just chuckled and kissed the hunter, then wrapped his wings around Mary, who giggled.

"You know they saw babies can see angels," Dean commented. Castiel smiled. "Well Mary will be seeing them far past when she's a baby."