8 - Great Dad

"How the hell can they stand her?! Gabe screamed over Mary, who was crying at the top of her lungs. Sam was running around the room, trying to find her stuffed bee.

"Find the damn thing, Sam!" Gabriel shouted again. "I'M TRYING!" Sam yelled back, now looking under the couch cushions and under her crib. Mary continued sobbing.

"Try by the fridge!" Gabe suggested, and Sam sped off towards the kitchen. Gabriel tried to calm Mary. He bounced her slightly in his arms, rocked her back and forth, and even kissed her cheeks and her forehead. "Pleeease Mary," he whispered, wincing at her cries. "Sam?" He yelled. He glanced around helplessly for the hunter, but he was nowhere to be seen.

Gabriel sighed, sitting on the chair behind him. Babysitting Mary was harder than he thought. He watched Mary cry, her face red and tears streaming out of her bright blue eyes.

Slowly, Gabriel felt tears welling up in his own eyes. "What am I doing?" He said quietly, his voice deep with the effort of not trying to burst out crying. How did he think he could handle this. Without Sam he would be completely lost. Suddenly he let the tears come. He ended up crying along with Mary, just he tried to muffle his when Mary was wailing away.

Suddenly, footsteps pounded towards the room and the door flung open. Sam stood there, triumphantly holding the big stuffed bee high in his outstretched arms. "I FOUND IT!!" He wore a huge stupid-looking smile, then slowly as he say Gabriel's red face and eyes, the smile slowly turned into a frown. "Gabe," he said, voice tinted with concern, "what's wrong?"

He gave Mary the bee and took her from Gabe, placing her in the crib. She immediately stopped crying. Sam walked over to Gabriel and kneeled down. "Gabe, what's wrong?"

He didn't reply. Instead he turned away, hiding his face. He didn't like Sam to see him cry. Sam did a bitchface and suddenly scooped the archangel up in his arms, holding him in the same was they hold Mary. Gabe blushed, his face getting even more red, but smiled a bit.

"Now tell me what's wrong," Sam said, looking into Gabriel's eyes, raising his eyebrows to let him know he was serious. Gabe tried to keep his composure steady, then felt a tear slowly trail down his cheek.

"I'm just...angry I can't handle babysitting. I thought it would be much easier. I'm a horrible parent," Gabriel sighed. Sam smiled and ran a hand through Gabe's soft light brown hair. "You are a great parent! You love Mary so much, and she loves you," Sam assured him, "someday when we have a kid of our own you'll be the best dad!"

"You...want to have a kid?" Gabriel asked, and Sam blushed. "We'll talk about it later," he mumbled, which made Gabe smile. He leaned up and kissed the hunter. As Mary slept, they stood there, Gabriel in Sam's arms, kissing. Until Mary woke up.