Chapter 17

Sierra POV

You know that moment in life when everything stops. Your standing still but everyone else around you are moving at rapid pace.

This whole situation between my mother and sperm donor didn't make any since to me I had one question.

Why now ? but I can't seem to find an answer.

All the years that went by and he didn't want anything to do with me. Hell, he has his own set of kids with his wife.

So why the sudden change ? The puzzle pieces weren't fitting together something wasn't right and I was going to find out what.

The weekend flew by and it was now Monday first day of school for me and shay.

To say I wasn't nervous would be a lie I was terrified. The uniform was kaki pants and a blue shirt that had the school name on it.

Dressed I jogged down the stairs where everyone was eating breakfast. The tension in the house has never been so thick.

It was suffocating nobody talked or mentioned what happened days prior Rob wanting custody over me.

Over my dead body.

I would never let that happen no way was I  living with him and that slut he calls a wife. Let me not even get started on their kids.

I hate them, all of them, they took my dad away from me and turned him in to a person i don't even recognize.

Tore my family apart I will never forgive them for that.

Dianna placed a plate full of eggs and bacon in front of me and I cringed. I always hated eggs they made me sick.

"Mom, Sierra doesn't eat eggs" mom informed her and I mentally thanked her.

My eyes turned to my mother and to say she looked depressed was an understatement. She looked like a different person she had bags and dark circles under her eyes.

He skin was paler than usual she looked sickly and I was worried about her.

I glanced over at shay and she gave me a sympathetic look. That's all she's been giving me lately and it was annoying.

I don't need her or anyone to feel bad for me.

The door bell rang and I was the first one to hop up and get it. honestly, I wanted out and far away from this house even it was to just go to school.

I opened the door to come face to face with a older white guy in a business suit he had to be at least 50.

"Who are you?" I asked confused as to why he was here ringing our door bell at seven in the morning it was too early for this.

"Are you Dallas Leigh lovato?" He asked ignoring my question.

Do I look like I'm her was he dumb?

"I asked you first you can't answer my question with a question."

"Sierra who is-" Mom pulled me back away from the door behind her as she stood in a protective stance.

I rolled my eyes she's been like this ever since he threatened to take me away. Not wanting me to leave her side always needing to know where I'm at. I've had to sleep in her room every night.

"Mom I got this."

"No sierra go back in to the kitchen."

"Bu-" I began to protest.

"Now." she growled and I gave in sending a cold glare to the guy at the door.

"Who was that?" Demi asked once i was back in the kitchen and I shrugged

"Some older guy with a bad comb over in an expensive suit." Her eyes grew wide and she ran out of the kitchen with Dianna and Eddie trailing behind her.

You could hear my mother shouting at someone who I'm guessing was the guy.

"You can't do this." she yelled. I couldn't stand it anymore curiosity got the best of me.

I got up out my seat and marched towards the front room where everyone was standing.

"What's going on?"

"Sierra go back in to the kitchen this doesn't concern you." she said not taking her eyes off of the guy.

I huffed, "So you won't mind if I have a seat then." I pulled shay with me as we both claimed our front row seats on the couch watching all of this unfold.

Moms jaw clenched as she sent a ice cold glare in my direction that didn't phase me.

"You have been ordered to be in court early Thursday morning." the guy spoke up breaking the silence.

All eyes were on him as he continued. "But before that you are ordered to spend one day with Mr. Mackwall and his family in his estate alone." Now it was my turn to stand up.

"I wont do it i refuse." A whole day with him and his family was he crazy?

He laughed bitterly, "You cannot refuse Sierra with all do respect you have no say or control in this."

I glanced over to my mom with pleading eyes begging her to help me or get me out of this but she knowingly shook her head tears in her eyes.

"Fine." I grumbled in defeat he wanted a day with me I'll give him one hell of a day with me. After I'm done with him and his little perfect family he won't ever want to see me again. "One day."

His lawyer genuinely smiled, "Good someone will be here to pick you up tomorrow."

______________________

I don't know how I feel about this chapter eh. :/