Chapter 24

Sierra's POV

"Wake up, you have to eat." the male voice said shaking me. Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes I slowly sat up. The last thing I remembered was me trying to fight them off. How did I end up here in this bedroom? Why wasn't I thrown back in the dungeon.

Not that I'm complaining I'm just curious as to why I'm getting special treatment. My legs were even bandaged up and the guard handed me pain killers go help numb the pain.

Handing me the tray he started for the door " Hey!" My voice was hoarse almost a whisper so I didn't expect him to not hear me but he did and stopped, turning around.

"Do you need anything else?" He asked.

"Um no, I just wanted to ask you why I'm here. Like in this room." I said taking a piece of the toast on my plate and biting into it.

"The boss ordered for you to be in this room and fed. I know as much as you do but word is you are a special one." He replied, "He said no harm will come to you and if he finds out one of us laid a hand on you they will be executed."

As he shut the door behind him, leaving. He left me with even more to think about. Why was I so special to his 'boss'? And was this a way for me to get out. If none of them can hurt me it makes things a lot easier.

The rest of the day I paced around the room composing a plan to get out of here. But where was 'here' I didn't know but once I'm outside I'll be able to find my way.

All this time held up in this room gave me time to think about alot of things like my mom. I felt bad for all the horrible things I had said to her and just about hated her at one point when all I wanted to do right now was see her, be held in her comforting arms.

I wondered how she was holding up, even in this predicament I wanted to make sure she was, ok. Your child getting kidnapped can't be easy. But thinking about these things only made me work harder on the plan to get out of here.

So I can see her again, once last time. It wasn't going to be easy but its worth a shot. The door opened and in walked in the same guard as before. For some reason he seemed more friendlier than the others. Still scary but not as scary if that makes sense.

"The boss wants to see you, come with me." a blindfold was put over my eyes again for 'security reasons' and I was led to the bosses head quarters.

I was more curious as to what the boss was going to do with me, why he was so interested.

A door I'm assuming was opened and I was hit with a cool breeze causing my body to shiver. Why was it so cold all of a sudden?

"Leave her." a gruff voice said. My arms were released and a door was shut behind me. I hesitated not knowing if I should take the blind fold off or wait for permission?

"Come in Sierra, sit. We have some discussing to do." taking the blindfold off I blinked a couple of times clearing my vision.

The man standing in front of me was older maybe in his late 50s. His shoulders were taunt and he was well fitted for his age atleast. He wore a grey tux his hair was slicked back perfectly he screamed money.

This is not what I expected, he looked like a mob boss this changes things. Taking a seat in the leather chair in front of his desk I fiddled with my fingers nervously, my eyes looking everywhere but where they were supposed to.

"I have a proposition for you. There's a press meeting happening soon and I want you to go there with two of my guards and tell them that you're safe and you came willingly."

Was he crazy? Why the hell would I do that. But instead of voicing my opinion I let him continue telling me this ridiculous scheme.

"Tell them that you were unhappy living with your mother and wanted a way out. You're my key to an empire." He finished his dark gaze fixated on me.

"What empire? Why would I lie to my family i just want to go home!" I snapped.

"I'm a very powerful man sierra, with a snap of my fingers everyone you ever loved could be six feet under with a bullet wound to the head." The atmosphere in the room darkened, he stood up as I coward back in my chair hugging my knee's to my chest.

"So you will tell them that you came willingly and this whole kidnapping was a misunderstanding. And you will help me get back what was taken from me and is rightfully mind." He twirled a lock of my hair between his fingers.

"What was taken from you? My mom doesn't own anything that I know of that would give you power." I said curiously.

He shook his head a deep laugh sounded throughout the room, "Silly, silly, girl, I'm actually surprised you haven't recognized me."

"I don't understand."

"Your mother despised me and your father? We haven't been on the best terms." He taunted.

"Wait," I interrupted him, "You know my family."

He smiled again flashing his white teeth as he placed the book back on its shelf. "Know your family? Baby girl I am your family. " he took a step towards me and I scrambled back too freaked out by all of this.

Was this man really claiming to be apart of my family? And if he was why would he do this to me...to them.

"Who are you to me!" I demanded.

"I'm your father's brother Sierra. I'm your uncle." He smirked.

My knees buckled as I fell to the ground this can't be happening. I didn't even know my father has a brother. "You're lying, my father doesn't have a brother."

"I figured you would say that." He admitted, "Here" he tossed me a book which I luckily caught in my hands. Opening it I felt all the air get knocked out my body. There were pictures of my dad and him from graduations to colleges.

Even pictures of him and my mom at my first birthday. No wonder I didn't recognize him he looked like an completely different person.

"You are my key great niece! Your father would do anything for you. Give up his life's work just to make sure you are okay. I simply need you to help me get the company from him."

"What if he doesn't give it up?" I asked.

"Then I'll go to plan two." He stated.

"What's plan two?"

"Kill him."