Chapter 25

Sierra POV

Despite my pleads and begs, I still found myself standing outside of the courthouse where this 'press conference' was being held.

My 'uncle' God, it felt so weird calling him that. Had me all dolled up, I wore an expensive pinkish color dress with heels. My makeup was done and the jewelry around my neck cost more than my house.

My hair was straightened and elegantly sat on my shoulders. He really went all out. I sat in the back seat of the car watching my mother and demi step up to the podium. I couldn't hear what she was saying due to the sound proof car don't even ask how a car can be sound proof because I don't know.

Rich people.

"This is your que, make an good impression. You know what's on the line if you fuck up." One of my 'body guards' said.

"Make sure you know what you need to do too, I want to see my mother and talk to her, so I need you guys to be good little doggy's and stay put until I come back." I smirked as both of their jaws clenched.

"You little-"

The hulk tapped his friend, "Blue, you know what boss said we have to keep her happy or that's our asses."

I loved having this power over them it was the most entertainment I've gotten in years.

Ignoring their bickering, I stepped out the car and walked towards the growing crowd. Hulk and blue were by my side and helped me get through the sea of people.

Once I was near stage my eyes locked with my mother, so many emotions flashed in her eyes but one I seen often was confusion.

I regretted what I was about to do to her, but I had no other options. Her life was more important than her feelings being hurt.

I stepped onto the stage while hulk and blue moved over to the side. I knew they only followed me out here to make sure I didn't run. Even though I told them countless times I wasn't going anywhere.

Yet

"Surprise!" I said forcing the fakest smile I could, yeah I was happy to see my mother, but knowing I was going to have to leave her again until I figured out how to get us out of this situation hurt more than anything.

"Sierra." Her eyes were watering and I knew the water works were coming. I took slow steps towards her before throwing my arms around her neck.

Being in her embrace made it feel like all our problems have gone away, she was my home. It never felt as real as it did now. When I tried to pull away she held onto me tighter. Her tears were soaking my dress but I didn't mind. These last month's have been hell.

"You have so much explaining to do Sierra Leah Lovato!" She whispered in my ear, causing me to grin. I missed her scolding me in this moment, I didn't mind that she used my full name.

I felt a tap on my shoulder, breaking me out of my reuniting moment with my mother. I looked up to see blue's blazing eyes. He looked furious and I gulped letting go of my mother.

This was not part of the plan.

Composing myself I stood up wiping all previous emotions from my face and walked over to the podium.

"If you may not have guessed, my name is Sierra Lovato and a couple a months ago I was kidnapped." I faked laugh at the last part. "But as you can see those accusation are false, I wasn't taken against my will I left willingly."

I could hear my mother's gasp and I fought the urge to flinch and take a peek at her but didn't risk exposing myself. I couldn't show emotion.

"There was a lot going on in the house hold while living with my mother and I couldn't take it anymore. I was unhappy." I continued, "So I faked the kidnap and planted the evidence."