Chapter 8

Sierra's POV

I woke up for the third time in an empty bed, where did Mom go? Striping the sheets off my body. I waddled out the room in search for my mom still not fully awake. Making my way down the hall  I wasn't paying attention and bumped into someone.

"Ah shit sorry." I rubbed my forehead looking to see I bumped into my mom.

"What did I tell you about cursing sierra?" She scolded, taking my hand and dragging me down the stairs to the living room. I let her as I trailed along behind her like a lost puppy.

Once in the living room she plopped down on the couch taking me with her so I was laying on top of her. "Ugh Mom? You can let go now" I say after a couple minute's.

She had this tooth eating smile on her face why was she so happy? what was she up to? I wondered.

She let's go and I position myself facing her at one end of the couch sitting criss cross apple sauce.

"So what's up?" I chirped, I don't know why I had so much energy maybe it was the nap. I looked over my shoulders wondering were my family was or should I say the people that live in this house.

"Nothing, everything's good. But we do need to talk about what happen in the kitchen with Madison." she told me her mood suddenly serious.

I gulped at mom's change in demeanor she no longer had a smile on her face but an annoyed look. I honestly knew this was coming the talk she probably was going to give me a long lecture about how violence is never the answer. Blah, blah, blah it wouldn't be like I haven't heard it before.

"What Madison said to you was unacceptable and I won't tolerate disrespect against my daughter from my family."

Did I just hear her right? Is my mom on drugs? Did she really just take my side? I'm in shock, speechless. I never thought this day would come. Wait until I tell shay.

"Mom you don't have t-.." I  couldn't finish what I was going to say because she cut me off.

"Madison." Dallas yelled. Footsteps came pounding down the steps and into the room. Madison walked in with an annoyed look on her face but when she seen me she forced a smile giving me a sympathetic look.

I don't understand what mom is trying to do. I thought I already explained to her that I don't like nor want anything to do with her shady family.

"Don't you have something to say Madison?" mom pressed narrowing her eyes.

"Sorry sierra for what I said to you." she said dryly with no emotion what so ever. Madison pretended to look up at the ceiling like the white paint was fascinating to her. What kind of half ass apology is this?

"And..." Mom pressed more trying to pull the words out of her. I rolled my eyes at my mom wanting her to say more but I think she said enough.

You can't force someone to apologize.

"Oh yeah, I forgot what I was about to say." how do you forget an apology? I had enough, I stood up from the couch taking a intimidating step towards Madison Dallas pulled my arm back but I ignored her.

"That's how you apologize Madison? You didn't forget!" My voice started to raise.

I shook my head "I don't accept your apology because it's not sincere. So you can take you're fake ass apology and shove it up your ass." her mouth was agape she stared at me like I had two heads.

What part of I'm done with everyone don't they understand? I'm no longer the sierra that people can walk all over and take advantage of this is the new me. And I don't take nobody's shit. With that being said i snatched my arm from mom's death grip.

Shoving past Madison on purpose making her stumble back. Where do I go now? Deciding that I need some fresh air I headed to the front door a nice walk would be nice.

These are the times when I really miss shay. She always knows what to do in these situations and haves my back 110%. I strolled down the driveway turning down the corner.

They lived in a gated community so its nothing like our house in LA where you see kids out and family's having barbeque. I've been walking for about fifteen minutes now and I haven't seen one bird or even person come out of their home.

The streets are quite the only sound I can hear is my feet against the pavement. After walking for a good hour I got bored and started making my way back to Dianna's house it was starting to get dark anyway.

I was walking up the block and I notices a girl with black hair, wearing a pair of shorts and a tan shirt standing with two guys that were really cute I might add.

I was about to walk by, they looked like they were in a heated discussion. I lowered my head as I passed their house hoping they didn't see me.

"Hey girl wait up." one of the guys called,  I stopped dead in my tracks mentally punching myself over and over again for not crossing the street.

I stiffly turned around to see the two guys and the girl walking up to me.

Well shit