Chapter 19

Sierra's POV

"I'm not wearing this tablecloth you call a dress. Sorry but it's not my style." I informed the maid stubbornly.

In her hand was the ugliest dress I'd ever laid eyes on. My grandmother wouldn't even wear that.

"It's not a dress it's a gown." The maid mumbled I could tell she was getting agitated.

"Your father has requested specifically that you wear this, the banquet has a very strict dress code ma'am that you have to follow."

Did she just call me ma'am? I cringed shaking my head. "Please don't call me ma'am ever again."

She nodded laying the gown down on the bed.  "Can I at least start your hair and makeup?"

She looked hopeful and I sighed, nodding. I've already given her a hard time.

"So what do people do at these charity banquets?" I asked her as she curled my hair.

I saw her reflection shrug through the mirror.  "Usually bid, dine with other high end rich people."

"Sounds boring if you ask me." I mumbled.

"I've never been to one, but a lot of important people are going to be there. Your dad's boss is one of them." she said and if I wasn't listening before she had my full attention now.

"His boss?" I pressed wanting her to spill more.

"Yeah, he's supposed to be moving up in the company your dad is supposed to take over when he retires later on in the year." she added.

"Hmm," I clicked my tongue something wasn't right.

My hair and makeup was finally done and the maid left me to get dressed. Promising her I was going to wear the dress.

She insisted on staying to help me put it on but I lied and told her I wasn't comfortable around people.

Instead I rummaged threw the closet and found another dress it was a black cocktail dress that went just over my ass.

I smiled to myself this wasn't something I'd normally wear but just to piss off my father I'll do anything.

Knowing that he wouldn't let me out the house like that I wore the cocktail dress underneath my originally white and gold gown.

Pleased with myself I descended down the stairs to see everyone was waiting for me.

"You look Beautiful sierra." my dad held out his hand for me to take.

But instead of taking it I held on to the railing stepping down the last four stairs.

He frowned but quickly recovered, "I knew that dress would suit you, let's go we're right on time if we leave now."

"You clean up nice for a lovato." his wife commented distastefully.

"Too bad I can't say the same for you." I smiled innocently. "Like a wise man once said, you can't turn a hoe in to a house wife."

She gasped stomping her foot before walking away towards the car where everyone else was already waiting for us.

"What happen between you two?" Rob asked his eyes going from me to his fuming wife.

"Oh nothing we were just getting to know each other right Yolanda ?"

She didn't answer instead began texting on her phone.

The rest of the limo ride was silent. Everyone was either texting on their phone or listening to music.

We finally arrived to the hall where it was being held. And I instantly felt out of place everyone seemed so important.