Chapter 26

Unedited

Demi's POV

As the car that held Sierra drove off I felt nothing but anger, and hate. Not solely towards her, I knew something bigger was going on, someone programmed her, forced her to say those things. That weren't completely true.

She may not have had the best life with Dallas, but I knew my sister loved her, she always wanted the best for Sierra and that's why she worked so hard to provide for her. When we abandoned the both of them.

The paparazzi were in a frenzy after sierra's home coming and speech. The police interrogated us again on the evidents that happened now that Sierra hinted at signs of abuse within her home.

The investigation was over since Sierra arrived and spoke about her kidnapping. They were currently tracking her down because what she did was a crime and if caught she could be prosecuted.

Everything was a mess and I was trying to comfort Dallas, but she closed off, shut down all her emotions. Her eyes were dead and the stress that she was going through along with worry at the moment was killing her on the inside and out. She was unrecognizable, a shell of her old self.

She needed help, or she was going to die I knew that much.

When she told me about the phone call, after the initial shock I knew that this was one of many clues as to why Sierra was doing this. She wouldn't call to apologize if she hated her mom as much as she claimed.

I'd come to conclusions it was the guilt that was eating her up inside. I begged Dallas to call back the number, to try to get more information out of Sierra because I knew she could but she refused.

She said she doesn't care any more and as far as she knew she doesn't have a daughter, not anymore.

My heart broke, she was giving up hope at the very end, she was drained, she couldn't take the investigation anymore and decided that if Sierra wanted to be missing, she was going to stay that way.

But I knew my sister, she may feel that way now. Because of the events that just transpired, she was letting her hurt and anger cloud her judgement.

I wasn't the nicest to Sierra, I can admit that. But she was still my little niece and I loved her she was blood, she was family and we don't give up on family no matter how hard they try to push us away because mostly when they do that it's a cry for help and its when they need us the most.

Robert has been cooperating with the police to help find Sierra and since they no longer had an missing persons investigation he hired a private detective. This shocked me because after everything he's done he still cared or at least that's how it looked.

"We've identified the two white males that arrived with Sierra. One is Jeremy Bryan he was arrested for possession of illegal substances almost two years ago. The other is Ryland mulk he was charged with armed robbery he served four years in the federal prison and he hasn't been seen since."

I was taking in everything the PI was telling me, I looked up at Robert and he smiled. We were actually getting somewhere. Finally.

"These two are connected some how, we have to find out how their paths crossed. " I stated, leaning back into my chair.

"Actually Jeremy worked as a mechanic, Ryland was registered as one of his client's. " The PI said.

"Something isn't adding up, why would they take Sierra? How did she even meet these men they don't look familiar to me." I threaded my fingers through my hair in exasperation.

"They're working for someone, we just don't know who." Robert shifted in his chair, almost as if he was trying to keep his mouth shut about something.

"Do you have something you want to tell us?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him.

"I think I know whose doing this." He sighed before pulling out an envelope from his back pocket. "I received this yesterday."

He tossed the envelope on the table and I stared at it intently, my fingers were itching to open it, read what it said.

"What does it say? Is it ransom?" I questioned as the PI skimmed through it and by the look on his face whatever was within the letter wasn't good.

"It's a letter from my brother." He stated, I couldn't help but notice the edge to his voice when he said brother. "He said he has some information and wants to talk to me on the phone."

"How did he find your house?" I wondered.

"He has people watching me, watching us." All emotion wiped from Roberts face, his expression turned darker, in a creepy way.

"Rob, how do you know this? Who exactly is your brother?"

There was a long pause before the PI spoke up, "We have to tape the phone call, we can track where he is and send a team over there."

Rob chuckled, his expression still grim, "He's not stupid, he's knows the law that's why he's gotten away with it for so long. I have to do this on my own. I know what he wants and he'll release Sierra once he has it and no harm will come to you."

With that being said Rob got up from the table leaving the diner.

I was bombarded by paparazzi once I walked out, my mind wasn't fully there

I was bombarded by paparazzi once I walked out, my mind wasn't fully there. The meeting left me with even more questions than before. I had to talk to Dallas about it, she deserved to know despite her feelings for the situation.

"You look nice." Madison greeted as I walked into our home.

"Have you seen Dallas?"

She nodded, "In her room like always."

Jogged up the steps only to find her leaving the bathroom, perfect timing! "We need to talk about Sierra, we know who-"

"Stop it demi, " she interrupted, "I don't want to talk about her there's nothing more to say."

I shook my head in total disagreement, "That's not true, she didn't mean anything she said she was forced to say that. I just got done with a meeting with rob-"

"You were with Robert?" She asked, interrupting me for the second time.

"Yes any way, he got a note from his brother say-"

"His bro-" she tries to interrupt again.

"Shut up Dallas and let me talk! " I shouted, "Robert's brother has your daughter at the moment controlling her to get back at the both of you mainly Rob he wants something from him."

Her eyes widened, something seemed to have clicked, "We have to get Sierra. He's going to kill her!"

"Wait what?" I followed after her out the house and towards the car, "What do you mean? Where are we going?"

She started the car engine as I got in, "We're going to his house."

___________________________

What do y'all think is going or happen? The next chapter will explain everything. Dallas knows more than you think that's all I'm going to say. Thanks for the Votes and comments make sure to leave some if you like.