Chapter 3

Sierra's POV

*Beep-Beep-Beep*

Can someone please turn that noise off? I already have a headache. I slowly open my eyes taking in my surroundings. My body is aching right now. I ignore the pain and try to sit up. My body feels like it has a ton of bricks holding me down I can't even move.

I hiss loudly in pain trying to move to a comfortable position in the bed.

"Sierra?" My eyes wonder to the voice and I see my mom standing in the door way. She looks like absolute shit her hair is in a messy bun she has bags and dark circles under her eyes. Tear stained cheeks, she looks like she hasn't showered in days.

I never seen my mom like this its shocking. She looks like one of those things from the walking dead. She hurries over to my bed engulfing me in a hug. She begins crying in my shoulder, she never showed or gave me affection before its been so long. It feels foreign to me so I don't even try to hug her back.

Do I hug her back? is this what it feels like to be loved by your mother. Dallas ignoring all the wires that I'm hooked up to and got in the bed under the covers with me. Still hugging me whispering in my ear how sorry she was.

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around what happen its foggy. How did I end up in this hospital?

"Ugh mom?" She is really up in my personal space right now this is a lot to wake up to.

"Yeah honey." she sat up in the bed with me still in her in embrace I wince in pain from the sudden movements. Mom shot up off the bed in one quick movement leaving me speechless. She starts firing me with questions.

"Are you in pain sierra? What hurts? You want me to get the doctor? I'll get t-.." I cut her off. Before she can say anything else.

"Mom calm down just go get. The doctor." she nodded walking out the room.

A couple minutes later Dallas returns with the doctor "Ah I see your finally awake how are you feeling?" Is he serious right now how does he think I'm feeling. But instead of giving him a smart ass remark like I normally would when someone asks a dumb question.

I say, "I'm in pain so can you go get me something like a pill or should I go get it myself?"  he gives me a pointed look before walking out the room purposely making sure the door slammed loudly behind him.

My mother sighed rubbing her hand over her face "Really Sierra? Did you have to be do rude he was only trying to help."

I wasn't even rude I could of said a lot worse. But because of the pain I'm in I reframed from doing so.

A cranky and in pain Sierra is someone you don't want to mess with. The doctor finally came in with my medicine i took the pills and swallowed it.

"Well it took you long enough doc did you get lost on your way to my room." I said sarcastically. The doctor huffed mumbling something under his breath that I didn't quite catch.

As soon as the door was shut and the doctor was out of sight my mother lost it "Watch the attitude Sierra you are really making your way on thin ice."

She talking like I actually care now she wants to act like an actual mother? well its to late for that. I again decide not to say anything and grab the TV remote by the side of my bed and flip through the channels on the TV praying something interesting is on.

My mom was asleep spread out on the sofa bed beside me her soft snores echoing throughout the room. Suddenly the door to my room flew open slamming into the wall. My mom jerked up startled by the suddenly noise, I couldn't help but laugh the look on her face was priceless.

I turn my attention back to the door to see the person I've been longing to see my best friend shay. There she stood in the door way tears in her eyes. I was shocked she looked like absolute shit. Shay is not the one to get emotional or cry over anything.

It may sound bad but I don't even think she cried when her grandma died. So to see her like this is shocking. The intense stare that shay and i are exchanging is making me uncomfortable. So I decide to lighten the mood.

"Hey, bitch!" I sat up in the bed and gave her a slight smile. Shays face turned into a smirk next thing I know I'm being pounced on her legs straddling my waist one on either side.

She still had tears running down her cheek "Hey, whore!" she sniffles, I pulled her into a hug she wrapped her arms around my neck snuggling into me. I missed this feeling, shays hugs, I missed her.

I looked over at my mom to see she had a slight smile on her face, then she took out her camera I knew this was coming "Don't you dare!" I warned through gritted teeth. But it was too late she already snapped the picture. I shot her a playful glare and she rolled her eyes at me.

I have to admit my mom is cool sometimes, but that rarely happens. Shay pulls away from our hug and greets my mom.

"You bitch!" Shay screeched punching me in my arm. I'm not even going to lie it hurt a lot.

"What was that for." I rubbed my now aching shoulder. She was about to hit me again but I caught her hand this time.

"You ran away without any fucking explanation. I chased after you and let me tell you something you should join the track team because bitch you can run." I giggled at what she said. Not mom or shay thought it was funny they had serious looks on their faces.

Tough crowd.

"When I finally got to the end I saw you Running across the fucking highway with no care in the world and," she choked up, the flashbacks of what happened playing in my head like a movie I seen everything. She actually came after me.

"That car, when it hit you I ran up to you and you weren't moving. I thought you were dead sierra, I thought I lost you." she cried my mother was full out sobbing right now as the story came to an end.

Everyone was crying this was too much for me, I hate seeing the people i care about hurting. I'm the worst at comforting so I just sit there. Not knowing what to do or say.

I didn't think that anyone would care if I died but obviously some people do. I pulled shay into me which was easy because she was still sitting on my lap. Do I really mean this much to them? Did my actions affect them that much.

She sat up again wiping away her tears staring straight into me eyes. I stared back into her blue ones "Promise me you won't do anything like that again. That you won't do anything that would put you life in danger" she spoke calmly never breaking eye contact with me.

I can't make a promise like that, I know I can't keep it. I'm not suppose to be sitting here. I'm supposed to be dead but I can't even kill myself right. When that car hit me I honestly thought I was dead I felt dead.

If that even makes since.

Memories and flashbacks flogged my brain. I saw my childhood all the times when I was genuinely happy. But here I am still alive wondering how I didn't die why did I make it.

To put everyone at ease and to make the happy I finally spoke, "I promise."

It came out just below a whisper but I know they heard it.