Chapter 4

Sierra POV

Its been two days since the hospital incident and my failed attempted suicide. And my mom has not let me out of her sight and its becoming annoying. Ever since Shay told her what really happened that day she has become paranoid.

I'm currently sitting on my bed texting shay when my mom walks in.

"Sierra we need to talk." she says standing at the bottom of my bed. This can't be good.  I don't remember doing anything wrong so what would we possibly have to talk about?

Sensing my confusion she began to speak. "Remember that job I told you about that I was thinking about doing?"

I honestly don't know what she's talking about. She's asking me like I actually pay attention when she talks to me. She shouldn't be surprised by this.

"No." I just get straight to the point not sugar coding it for her.

She sighs in defeat "Well, I was asked to do a job that I can't share details about. Anyway I have to leave in two weeks." she says calmly why do I have a bad feeling about this.

"The thing is, I'm going to be gone for three months max and I can't leave you here alone so...." She trails off.

"Stop stalling Mom just spit it out." I say frustrated.

"I can't leave you here alone by yourself so while I'm away you're going to stay with Grandma in Texas until I get back."

Wait! WHAT THE FUCK.

NO NO NO THIS CANT BE HAPPENING

I CAN'T LEAVE LA WHAT ABOUT SHAY.

"No, I'm not going you can't make me." I can't live in a house with grandma and demi for three months without mom being there.

"Sierra," she sighed I felt the bed slump beside me she pulled me into a hug.

"It won't be that long the months will fly by trust me you'll have fun." fun my ass. I'm trying to stay calm and collected for moms sake but on the inside I'm freaking the fuck out.

"Can't I just stay here in Cali? I can go stay at Shay's house her family loves me." I reasoned, batting my lashes and pouting my lip hoping she would fall for it and let me stay.

"Nope not happening and don't even try the puppy dog eyes because it's not going to work. Grandma trained me she said you would do this." she laughed standing up.

Shit there's no getting out of this.

Fuck my predictable ways! I still refuse to go I don't even like demi like that she's definitely not my favorite aunt.

"Get some rest we start packing tomorrow." she said before leaving the room. Wait why are we packing tomorrow if we don't leave for two more weeks.

Shrugging my shoulders I called shay to vent she picks up on the second ring.

"Hey." I sighed into the phone.

"Alright what's wrong why are you being such a Debbie downer." I laughed.

"I have bad news and you might not like it." maybe I was being over dramatic but I don't care.

"What did you do now bitch? you already got in trouble? you haven't been home for a week yet." she said in a joking manner.

"Shay I'm being serious! Anyway long story short my mom got to go away again and She doesn't want to leave me here alone. So I have to stay in Texas with my grandma and demi for Three Fucking Months." I grumbled the last part the line is silent for a moment.

Wait for it......

Wait for it......

"What the fuck ! no Sierra ! you can't leave me! threw months are you serious?" she yelled Into the phone I pulled it away from my ear not wanting to go deaf.

"That's what I said, I tried reasoning with her but she wouldn't budge. They trained her Shay, I even tried the puppy dog eyes too." I said.

"Shit and she still didn't let up."

"Nope." the line falls silent again

"I have a great idea." shay squealed excitedly. Uh, oh this can't be good. The last time Shay had a good idea she almost got us arrested. But that story is for another day.

"Ask your Mom if I can go with you to Texas and I'll ask mine Sierra its genius." I'm not going to lie its a good idea why haven't I thought of that.

"Okay." we talk about the plan for a little while longer before I hang up.

Opening my door, I took the short journey to my mom's room.

I open her door to see she's sitting on her bed with glasses on. Her legs were crossed and her head was buried into a book. I climb into her her bed sitting opposite to her she raises an eyebrow accusingly at me.

"Hi mom- momma -mommy what you doing?" I chirped a little too happy for her liking. She burst out in a fit of laughter clutching her stomach.

"What are you up to Sierra what do you want?" she's asks still giggling she pulls me Into her side hugging me.

"Oh nothing, just wanted to spend time with my lovely mother" okay maybe I'm going over board. I need to dial it down because I never act like this.

Her face turns serious "Alright what do you really want?"

"Can Shay come with me to Texas if her parents say yes please-pleaseeee." I beg shaking her shoulders like a child. I can't be away from my best friend for that long.

"I don't know...." She trailed off

"Mom it's no way I'll survive in Texas alone without you. I need someone I know there and I'm familiar with." its true, I don't like staying at places without my mom.

"I'll sleep on it, but let me know what her parents say."  that's practically a yes. I squeal jumping into her lap hugging her tightly.

She giggled hugging me back just as tightly.

I let go getting under the covers so I could sleep. I might as well stay in here. I'm too lazy to go back to my room. Plus my leg is still hurting I don't have the cast on. I'm suppose to but I can't walk in that thing it makes me unconformable.

"Ugh what are you doing Sierra? last time I checked you had your own bed." she says turning off the lamp so we can sleep.

"Well, I'm tired and lazy mom what do you expect? You don't want me in here." I pout.

"No, no, its not that its just... You haven't slept in here since you were a baby." she sadly says I almost hear sorrow? Regret? In her voice but I must be hearing things.

We would be able to spend time together if she wasn't always working and actually cared enough to make time. So I don't say anything just lay there.

"Goodnight sierra I love you." wow that's the first time I heard that three letter word from her in months.

"Good night mom." I don't say it back, too shocked. I can feel the sleep beginning to take over.

I let my eyelids close falling into a dreamless sleep thinking to myself does my mom really love me?