Chapter 11

Dallas POV

It was around twelve am when I heard a noise that sounded like someone was walking around. I had bunked in the second guest room across the hall from demi.

I wanted to give sierra her space she didn't really want to be bothered with any one after her walk. So I let her be.

It couldn't be sierra walking around this time of night could it? Deciding that I was just hearing things and blaming it on the old house.

I decided to at least try to go back to sleep but twenty minutes of tossing and turning I just couldn't. With a frustrated grunt I pealed myself out of bed.

The house was quiet everyone was sound asleep so why am I up? Once in the kitchen I poured myself a warm glass of milk this should help.

I rubbed my forehead and glanced over to the clock on The microwave to see its almost one. Washing the dish I used I walked up the stairs.

Once upstairs I began to walk past sierras room her door was closed. Maybe I'm just being paranoid I put my ear against the door and didn't hear anything.

Of course you can't hear anything Dallas! I told myself she's asleep you idiot.

This is weird I say to myself why am I listening to my daughter sleep through a closed door. Knowing that my mind won't be at ease unless I know she was okay.

Call it maternal instinct or me just being an overprotective mother. I open her door to see an empty bed and dark room. I panicked.

Reaching over to turn the light on just in case I was seeing things. And my eyes were deceiving me. But She's still not here the first thing that comes to my mind is the noise I heard earlier.

Was she kidnapped? Who would take her? Why?

But if sierra was kidnapped I would of heard her scream. Sierra is not the one to just let you take her she will put you through hell before she obeys.

The first thing that comes to my mind after figuring out that she was either taken or went willingly is police. I rummaged through her things looking for something to give me a clue.

Then I realized you can't file a missing person report until twenty hours. What if she doesn't have that long? Tears began to weld up in my eyes at the thought of her being in danger.

A door opening broke me out my horrid thoughts my head shot towards the door to see no one other than sierra. My body physically relaxes.

Once the shock and relief of having her back and safe evaporates. I sent her a cold glare. "Where the hell have you been sierra?"

She flinched at my tone but that was the least of my concerns I was livid. "Answer me now!"

She just stood their looking petrified. I would be scared too if I were her.

"I'm sorry Mom I just uh...... Went for a walk?" It sounded more like a question. I could tell she was thinking up a lie to save herself but not this time.

But I decided to play along "You went for a walk at," I looked at the clock "one in the morning?"

She nodded her head unsure "Okay...." I trailed off and I heard her sigh.

I halfheartedly laughed, "Do you actually think I believe that Sierra? do you think I'm stupid? Now you're going to tell me where you were and who you were with."

"Just drop it mom, let it go! I was with some friends geesh why are you acting like you care now its a little to late to be a proper mother you already missed your shot." she spat. "So don't act like a caring and concerned mother because for ten years you didn't give a shit about me hell you only just started to like me."

Now it was my turn to flinch back, her words hurt me more than they should of because I know they were true. Well some of her statement was.

The truth hurts but I didn't know she felt that way. My daughters opinion of me means everything. And the fact that she thinks of me that way stings.

I could feel my heart ripping in two, tears began to Fall down my eyes. Don't cry dallas I  mentally said to myself. Don't let her know how much her words hurt.

But it was already too late, Sierra's face softened seeing my state. "Mom I-im sorry I didn't mean to say that."

I shook my head, "No its okay everything you said was true . I'm a horrible mother and was never there i-.." Sierra tired to stop me but I continued to speak.

"Yeah, I wasn't there for you. I missed most of your child hood. I take full responsibility for my actions. I'm not going to lie to you sierra what you just said hurt me. Because I feel like you don't need me or want anything to do with me."

"I'm trying here but you won't let me in and won't talk to me. These last couple of weeks after the accident you've been so secretive more than usually. I'm worried about you especially when I found out about your drinking be honest with me was that your first time?" I already knew the answer but I needed a confirmation that I have truly have failed at being a mother.

Sierras shoulders slumped as she stared down at her feet "No it wasn't my first time. I've actually been drinking for about two years now." she admits.

And that was it I couldn't take anymore. I ran out her room in tears shutting my door and sinking to the floor. How could I let this happen. How could I've not have know.

It slipped past me, I was so self observed with work and the lost of sierras dad leaving. My daughter was drinking her pain away. I cried harder Into my knees.

This was my worst fear and I couldn't help but wonder what other secrets sierra was hiding from me. What other things she's dealing with. 

But what I did know was that it was official. I was a failure of a mother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors Note

Starting the New Year off with an update ! I hope you guys liked this chapter. Things are finally unraveling for sierra how many secrets is she hiding.

Idk I kinda feel bad for Dallas do you think sierra was a little too hard on her?

Anyway you guys should check out my other stories! I'm working on updates for all of them!

Bye loves