Chapter 5

Sierra's POV

I woke up the next morning cuddled up into my mom the sun rays blinding me. "Ughhh," I groan, snuggling more into mom trying to block the sun. I don't know what time it is but its way too early to be up.

"Wake up sleepy head we have packing to do!" Why is she so cheery this time of morning? Its too early for this. Mom gets up out of bed and I instantly get cold. Well there goes my chance of going back to sleep. I look over at the clock to see its nine in the morning.

"Mom why did you wake me so early!" I shout at her. I'm not a morning person as you can tell.

"Sierra we having packing to do get up and its not early its nine." she states pulling out suitcases from her closet.

"Its Sunday, nobody should be up before twelve." I complain, she shot me glare before walking back into her closet. Knowing I'm not going to win this I get up off the bed walking into my room.

I grab my towel and toothbrush heading to the shower. After taking a extra long shower just to tick mom off. I get dressed taking out my suitcase from under my bed.

By doing so a powder packet fell from under my mattress. I knew exactly what it was. I wasn't the biggest fan of drugs at first but after my first party at shays house I was hooked.

Shay tried to get me off of it saying that I will get addicted but I didn't believe her too stubborn for my own good. I used to snort a couple lines a day until my hospital visit I'm itching for that high feeling.

"Sierra," my mom called for me. I panicked and threw the plastic bag into the suitcase throwing random clothes on top. Mom walked in the room and gave me a puzzled look.

"Is everything okay?" She walked over to me eyeing my suitcase.

Shit shit shit

I have to think of something to distract her.

She scoffed, "Is this what you call packing? Really sierra you could at least fold the clothes." she reached down to grab one of my shirts.

"No!" I shout diving over and closing my suitcase pushing it behind me. I stood up, taking her hand and dragging her out the room. That was a close one one we are far away from my room and in hers I let her hand go.

"What is your problem? What are you hiding." she crossed her arms over her chest.

I did the same, "Nothing what did you want?"

She raised an eyebrow as if not believing me then sighed in defeat yes.

Dallas: 0

Sierra: 1

"I talked to Shays mom and she said that Shay can go but not until she finishes this semester then her transfer will be shipped to Dallas" she says.

I squealed jumping up in down, I did a happy dance fist pumping the air.

"She get to come to texas! she get to come to Texas! we're going to Texas! to have lots of fun!" I sang still dancing in a circle mom giggled shaking her head at me.

"We are leaving for Texas tomorrow." mom suddenly says, I stop dancing turning around to face her.

My face fell why are we leaving so early? There's only 4 more weeks left in the semester. Four weeks without my best friend I don't think I can survive.

"Well don't look too excited." mom joked and continued packing

"Why are we leaving so early? You said we don't leave for another two weeks!" I questioned.

"Yeah, but before I go away for three months I want to spend some time with my family." I laughed dryly.

"Now you want to spend time with them like they actually care." I muttered hoping she didn't hear me but she did because as soon as I said that her head shot up.

"What did you just say?" Let it go sierra, let it go I told myself.

"Nothing." with that being said I walked out the room and packed. How ironic now all of a sudden mom wants to spend time with them. I already know mom and her sisters are not close.

Especially mom and demi they barely talk and you can feel the tension when their in the same room. I never really liked demi either. I've tired to get along for moms sake but its not looking good.

And now we are going to Texas, two weeks earlier than we are suppose to. Because mom wants to spend time with them which is complete bull shit.

After two hours I'm fully packed and lounging around my room my mind instantly on that powdered bag of cocaine that is calling my name in the draw by my nightstand.

Just one line won't hurt right?

Coming to conclusion that I can't fight the urge I take the bag walking Into the bathroom closing and locking the door. After snorting a line I sigh in delight leaning against the bathroom door.

All of the worry and stress that I had about going to Texas and my family disappeared. I was happy and got a boast of energy after hours of dancing around my room blasting my music.

The high I once felt was wearing off, I look at the clock to see its almost eleven. Sending a quick text to my mom since she wasn't home and went out. I crawled into my bed

Letting sleep take over me.